O-chem and physics requirement (very special case)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ejdiana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a senior in UCLA graduating this summer.
I was wondering if the schools will notify me if they find out that I have not yet taken the required course or just not even consider as a candidate for not finishing the requirements nor having it plan to do it.

I have taken 3 o-chem classes (total 12 quater units) and 1 o-chem lab(3 units). My major does not require to finish the whole o-chem series, so I have not taken the last o-chem lab(30CL). The professor who is teaching this class is ridiculous and it is really hard to get an A in this class. Last year, he failed 40% of the class. I really don't want to take this class and in order to graduate this summer I don't really have time to put this class into my schedule. I know that USC wants us to take the whole series of the o-chem.

Now for the physics.. I took 1 semester of physics in community college and when I transferred to UCLA, they said that I had to take 6B and 6C to finish the series. I took 6B in UCLA, but I didn't take 6C. I took some physics course when I was in Korea university, and UCLA approved that I have taken all the courses needed; so I didn't have to finish the last series of the physics. I heard USC doesn't count any oversea college units..

SO.... the question is.. Are the schools going to figure out that I haven't finish the requirements and notify me that I would need to take the courses .. OR are they going to just reject me for not finishing the requirements..???
I know I still have time to take these courses because I'm having an year off.. but I really don't want to take these courses!!! :rolleyes:
I was just planning to work and have some time for myself for the year and not worry about grades anymore.. :hardy:
WHAT SHould I do?????

Members don't see this ad.

Schools vary in the quarter/semester hours they require for each science pre-requisite.

Do your research and only apply to the schools where you do meet their requirements.