1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

O-chem and physics requirement (very special case)

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ejdiana, Apr 15, 2007.

1. ejdiana

ejdiana New Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi, I'm a senior in UCLA graduating this summer.
    I was wondering if the schools will notify me if they find out that I have not yet taken the required course or just not even consider as a candidate for not finishing the requirements nor having it plan to do it.

I have taken 3 o-chem classes (total 12 quater units) and 1 o-chem lab(3 units). My major does not require to finish the whole o-chem series, so I have not taken the last o-chem lab(30CL). The professor who is teaching this class is ridiculous and it is really hard to get an A in this class. Last year, he failed 40% of the class. I really don't want to take this class and in order to graduate this summer I don't really have time to put this class into my schedule. I know that USC wants us to take the whole series of the o-chem.

Now for the physics.. I took 1 semester of physics in community college and when I transferred to UCLA, they said that I had to take 6B and 6C to finish the series. I took 6B in UCLA, but I didn't take 6C. I took some physics course when I was in Korea university, and UCLA approved that I have taken all the courses needed; so I didn't have to finish the last series of the physics. I heard USC doesn't count any oversea college units..

SO.... the question is.. Are the schools going to figure out that I haven't finish the requirements and notify me that I would need to take the courses .. OR are they going to just reject me for not finishing the requirements..???
    I know I still have time to take these courses because I'm having an year off.. but I really don't want to take these courses!!! :rolleyes:
    I was just planning to work and have some time for myself for the year and not worry about grades anymore.. :hardy:
    WHAT SHould I do?????

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. diane07

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Schools vary in the quarter/semester hours they require for each science pre-requisite.

Do your research and only apply to the schools where you do meet their requirements.