O-chem help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Big Don

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took Ochem II in the summer a few years ago and didn't withdraw in a timely manner. Thus, they gave me an F. Appeal failed. So, I am stuck with it.

Retook and got an A.

Then, took biochem for biochem majors I (not the survey course) and got an A. In fact, I have 2x the points the second highest grade in the class had. The prof offered to write me a letter and promised to say that I pwned the course. I am wondering if this is enough to demonstrate to adcom that my prior f*%kup was based on failing to withdraw and not due to my intellectual abilities.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
mention it on secondaries and i think you'll be fine.

sux to have that 0/4 drag on your GPA tho, i feel for ya.

Members don't see this ad :)
mention it on secondaries and i think you'll be fine.

sux to have that 0/4 drag on your GPA tho, i feel for ya.

I plan on taking a couple of upper level chem and bio courses like drug design, genetics, molecular bio, etc. to further rebut the negative grade. I see no reason why I can't get an A either.

That 0/4 really gives it to me rough and dirty. Like bringing my BCPM down .3-.4 depending on what you count.

I plan on taking a couple of upper level chem and bio courses to further rebut the negative grade.

That 0/4 really gives it to me rough and dirty. Like bringing my BCPM down .3-.4 depending on what you count.

Based on what you've said, I would not have any qualms about your intellectual ability in the subject. Sorry for that GPA anchor. Even with a bunch of good grades following it, it's hard to pull that BCPM up. I had two C's(one each sem.) during my first year, and am struggling to get it up. You will be fine though.