O Stanford...Where art thou?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Loki, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Loki

Loki Senior Member

The status page only reports that they do not have my secondary app. It gives no information regarding reception of my AMCAS primary.

What does this mean? Do I extrapolate and assume that they are sending a secondary?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member

Probably. Don't worry about it. It's very early on, considering the problems.

4. Drako

Drako Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Loki, from my own understanding...status check with regard to Stanford could only be done on the web if Stanford has a verified AMCAS application from AMCAS. If you have a status page, it means that they have your verified application from AMCAS. I think I read this somewhere on their website a while back. I am in the same boat as you are; waiting for a secondary invitation. Do you happen to know what kind of question is on their secondary?

5. Loki

Loki Senior Member

Clueless.

I guess we are in the first cut phase (second if you include the AMCAS gauntlet)

6. audeo

audeo Senior Member

Finally, I have heard from Stanford. They invited me to the supplementary. There is one essay for MD application and one for MSTP application. The space given is short. Only two paragraphs for MD question and perhaps three paragraphs for MSTP.
    Here are the questions.

8. The Committee on Admissions regards the diversity of an entering class as an important factor in serving the educational mission of the school. Although answering this question is optional, the Committee on Admissions strongly encourages you to share unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity, or life or work experiences.
    Please: a) discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine, and b) describe in detail (to the extent not included in previous answers) your involvement in campus or off-campus activities, paid or unpaid, in terms of community service, assumption of leadership roles, activities related to the care of others, etc.
    (Please limit answer to 25 lines of text.)

Describe how experiences in scholarly projects (thesis, research or field study in basic or clinical science, or in the humanities) have led you to seek joint MD/PhD training. We are particularly interested in the level at which you participated in the design/direction of the project. Limit information to this page.

Hope you guys good luck.

7. zancudo

zancudo Member

I got the secondary invitation a few weeks ago, and my application has been complete for about a week...time to wait. It is pretty amazing how comfortable one becomes with waiting, though. :p