o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1108162

o

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hire an attorney and have them fight to negotiate a non-misdemeanor charge and plead guilty to the then civil guilty verdict.

Reactions: 1 users
This is what you "signed":
"I understand that I am required to inform the Admissions Office of each medical school to which I apply if I am convicted of, or plead guilty or no contest to, a misdemeanor or felony crime after the date of my original application submission and prior to medical school matriculation. I understand that this communication must be in writing and must occur within 10 business days of the occurrence of the conviction."

What @proudofmykids is saying is that you should get this charge decreased to something less than a misdemeanor (called a "civil violation" or a "petty offense" depending on jurisdiction). Those don't show up on a criminal background check but will show up if anyone ever runs your driving record.

Reactions: 1 users
I was speeding 25+ mph on the highway a few weeks ago. Stupid mistake.

I have a court appearance later, and already submitted my app. If I am convicted of a misdemeanor class B and I email the admissions office at the medicals schools I am applying to after my court appearance, will this negatively affect my application?

How will this negatively impact my application?
What state were you in?

Reactions: 1 user