OAT grumbles

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E

Eyegirl2007

I have just finished a TOPSCORE test for reading comprehension. I got a 340. Is this terrible? I am having a low self esteem day.

Members don't see this ad.

My score might have to do with the computer format. I was NOT happy with it. I like to mark up things when I read them and to look at all the questions first.

And also, if this is an acceptable score, should I just leave reading comp be and then work on my weaker areas?

Members don't see this ad :)
A 340 is very good!

If I were you I would leave reading comp alone and concentrate on the science sections. You want to do well more so on the science sections, than reading comp :)

Thanks for the cheering up, Christie. I feel better now. Onwards to the sciences!

Hey...340 that is great....geez I wish I could have done that..
Have you taken the OAT yet?? Or will this Oct be the first time?

October will be my first time. I'm kind of neurotic, if you haven't noticed...:rolleyes:

Well..I made the mistake of taking it last february..without preparing...I hope it doesn't hurt me when admissions see that! I am going to take it in Oct. again, but as of right now studying sucks!! How much do you do a day? How do you regulate it around you other classes and stuff you do? I seriously only study 8 hours a week!! Is that bad....holy ****..maybe I need a flame lit underneath my ass!!!

October seemed so far away during the summer, but now it's NEXT MONTH!!! Yikes. Have you guys gotten your admission cards for the exam yet? I've only gotten a receipt of payment so far.

No..I haven't got anything...I just sent my in last week...but it should be coming pretty soon...study study study...

i sent my registration on the 13th and i haven't gotten anything back yet...should i notify the tesying program?

I sent in my registration in July and received a notice of receipt letter (not the admission card) last week, so I think they're just mighty slow. If you're getting worried about it, though, definitely give them a call to make sure they've received your stuff.

I too have receivied the receipt. I'm annoyed because I have to order an additional score report for NEWENCO. for more money...

Hey guys,

You should receive your registration ticket two weeks before the OAT, its still only sept so you have plenty of time for it to come :)

Well, today was my 1st day of Optometry school. Everyone on campus can tell we're freshman, b/c we have a look like a deer in headlights :)

I had Histology and Biochem, and Biochem was no fun at all!! I have Theoretical Optics tomorrow, and clinic in the afternoon at The Eye Institute.

This is going to be a very hard, yet exciting 4 years ahead of me :) I am ready for the ride :D

Originally posted by christie
Well, today was my 1st day of Optometry school.
Yay!!! :clap: Don't worry about looking like a deer in the headlights, it won't last long -- and hopefully you'll have *me* to kick around next year! ;)