Quantcast

OAT grumbles

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E

Eyegirl2007

Members don't see this ad.
I have just finished a TOPSCORE test for reading comprehension. I got a 340. Is this terrible? I am having a low self esteem day.

E

Eyegirl2007

My score might have to do with the computer format. I was NOT happy with it. I like to mark up things when I read them and to look at all the questions first.

E

Eyegirl2007

And also, if this is an acceptable score, should I just leave reading comp be and then work on my weaker areas?

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A 340 is very good!

If I were you I would leave reading comp alone and concentrate on the science sections. You want to do well more so on the science sections, than reading comp :)

E

Eyegirl2007

Thanks for the cheering up, Christie. I feel better now. Onwards to the sciences!

Grand Teton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey...340 that is great....geez I wish I could have done that..
Have you taken the OAT yet?? Or will this Oct be the first time?

E

Eyegirl2007

October will be my first time. I'm kind of neurotic, if you haven't noticed...:rolleyes:

Grand Teton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well..I made the mistake of taking it last february..without preparing...I hope it doesn't hurt me when admissions see that! I am going to take it in Oct. again, but as of right now studying sucks!! How much do you do a day? How do you regulate it around you other classes and stuff you do? I seriously only study 8 hours a week!! Is that bad....holy ****..maybe I need a flame lit underneath my ass!!!

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
October seemed so far away during the summer, but now it's NEXT MONTH!!! Yikes. Have you guys gotten your admission cards for the exam yet? I've only gotten a receipt of payment so far.

Grand Teton

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No..I haven't got anything...I just sent my in last week...but it should be coming pretty soon...study study study...

JG777

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i sent my registration on the 13th and i haven't gotten anything back yet...should i notify the tesying program?

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my registration in July and received a notice of receipt letter (not the admission card) last week, so I think they're just mighty slow. If you're getting worried about it, though, definitely give them a call to make sure they've received your stuff.

E

Eyegirl2007

I too have receivied the receipt. I'm annoyed because I have to order an additional score report for NEWENCO. for more money...

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

You should receive your registration ticket two weeks before the OAT, its still only sept so you have plenty of time for it to come :)

Well, today was my 1st day of Optometry school. Everyone on campus can tell we're freshman, b/c we have a look like a deer in headlights :)

I had Histology and Biochem, and Biochem was no fun at all!! I have Theoretical Optics tomorrow, and clinic in the afternoon at The Eye Institute.

This is going to be a very hard, yet exciting 4 years ahead of me :) I am ready for the ride :D

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by christie
Well, today was my 1st day of Optometry school.
Yay!!! :clap: Don't worry about looking like a deer in the headlights, it won't last long -- and hopefully you'll have *me* to kick around next year! ;)