OAT Kaplan book

drummergirl1719

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys im getting ready to take the OAT at the end of the month and i was thinking about buying the OAT Kaplan book 2011 edition which contains 2 full lenght practice exams and 2 practice sets per section. do you guys think its worth buying?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I used the Kaplan book as part of my studying regimen.... it was ok. I felt that there were many errors within the book. For example some of the answers were wrong, it also said you get 60 minutes for 50 questions in RC on the OAT ( you really get 50 minutes for 40 questions), also it said you get 45 minutes to do 50 math problems with NO calculator (you get 45 minutes to do 40 problems WITH an on-screen calculator).

I also felt that a majority of the questions were much much harder than what was on the actual exam. This included physics, QR, and general chemistry. This definitely scared me, and maybe induced unnecessary stress. However, maybe this stress is what made me do so well on the OAT. I felt the organic chemistry and biology were pretty representational.

I basically just went over my lecture notes from classes, completed the entire Kaplan book, and I bought 15-20 dollar AP or SAT review books for the subjects I felt week in.

Hope this helps. Goodluck!

Last edited: