OAT Score

RLK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AA is 280 and TS 270.

Do you think I have a chance of getting in to any schools with those scores? If so, which ones?

Members don't see this ad.

optometry schools look at more than just OAT scores. If you have a good GPA and great work experience, you might have shot at a couple of schools. If i was you I would study like crazy and try to up the score.

I think you might have a better shot at a larger school. They might be the only schools willing to admit people with a lower than 300 OAT. It is just a thought, though.

odstudent said:
optometry schools look at more than just OAT scores. If you have a good GPA and great work experience, you might have shot at a couple of schools. If i was you I would study like crazy and try to up the score.

How do you get experience in optometry? I've shadowed on optometrist, but what type of work could I do besides shadowing?

Members don't see this ad :)
RLK said:
How do you get experience in optometry? I've shadowed on optometrist, but what type of work could I do besides shadowing?

work as a tech for an optometrist

I think you should do both, study hard for the OAT and then try to find a job working for an optometrist. I think these two are some of the most important requirement that optometry schools look at. Plus when you work for an optometrist, during the interview you have more to say and it would seem like you know what you're talking about. you also meet others that have the same interest as you and you could help each other out. It's cool...... :rolleyes:

RLK said:
My AA is 280 and TS 270.

Do you think I have a chance of getting in to any schools with those scores? If so, which ones?

score too low for serious consideration at most schools. unless you are mother teresa, you'll be fighting an uphill battle and you might even get accepted to a school, do two years and then get kicked out. do the test again OR goto p.rico...but you better speak some spanish