OAT Score.

Onecup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a 3.2 gpa and my recent OAT(first time) score is:
QR 300, RC 290, Bio 320, Chem 320, Org 330, Phys 380, Total Science 340, AA 320.
Is my stat decent enough for optometry school or should I retake it again. My gpa is not that great :(. What schools should I apply? please help.

Members don't see this ad.

i would put you on the edge leaning towards in. apply to any school you want. try to get lots of shadowing experience, maybe an internship. keep your gpa up and the more experience the better! good luck!!!

you'll get in without a doubt. Maybe not to your top choice, but there are definitly some schools that will take that!! Great job!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I have a chance to go into SCCO or Western Univ of Health Science in Pomona?

You have outstanding scores. I think you'll get into all 3. That 380 on physics is impressive! Well done ! Just wondering, what worked for you in preparing for the physics section? I'm taking my exam soon and any advice would help.

You have outstanding scores. I think you'll get into all 3. That 380 on physics is impressive! Well done ! Just wondering, what worked for you in preparing for the physics section? I'm taking my exam soon and any advice would help.

I read a college physics book like 4 or 5 times. I study slowly... understand the concepts.. did a lot of questions for practice(kaplan oat book, SAT II: biology, chemistry, physics. mcat... and most important Always Think About It!!!. no friends(for now)/no hang out/ just eat/work/study. I work almost 7 days/week as a technologist in the healthcare field. This is my first time taking the OAT. It's more like a test drive for me. I'm planning to retake it again. I have to go nut on this test.

I read a college physics book like 4 or 5 times. I study slowly... understand the concepts.. did a lot of questions for practice(kaplan oat book, SAT II: biology, chemistry, physics. mcat... and most important Always Think About It!!!. no friends(for now)/no hang out/ just eat/work/study. I work almost 7 days/week as a technologist in the healthcare field. This is my first time taking the OAT. It's more like a test drive for me. I'm planning to retake it again. I have to go nut on this test.

I'd say don't waste the money if you are on par with the average OAT scores for the school you want. The 290 sucks on RC but I would think your score in the physics section blows it out of the water. Get some optometric experience and you're golden! I applied late in this year's cycle with similar stats and got accepted. Great job :)

Thank You but I'm not sure if my score is outstanding. Most of the entering students have an OAT range of 345-360. Scary.

Thank You but I'm not sure if my score is outstanding. Most of the entering students have an OAT range of 345-360. Scary.

They recalibrated the scores i believe begining this past year (2011 cycle) although it could have been the 2010 cycle. In any case they made it so scores would go down by 10 pretty much across the board. This being said what your looking at as a 345-360 is most likely from the old calibration. Under the new scores it would be more on par with 335-350. Your scores aren't "outstanding" but they are very good.

quit stressing. I know someone that got in at SCCO with 300 AA and had a few below the 300 mark.

Hey Everybody! The new OAT score for most schools are about AA~320 and TS~330. I got it from the opted.org data and survey section. I did well. :D

I got very similar scores and heard back from all my top schools that they were fine! Don't worry at all!