• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

fkajoshaj

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
Status
Hey guys,

As some of you know, I wrote my OAT's today. Here are my scores:

Biology: 340
Chem: 340
OChem: 330
RC: 260 :confused:
Physics: 340
QR: 300

AA: 320 TS: 350

I graduated with an overall 3.05 gpa.

I applied to SUNY, PCO, MCO, NECO, NOVA, WU and Midwestern.

Any chance I can get into any of these schools with my scores? I am aware that I tanked the reading, how much will this section play a factor? :scared:

eheaps

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2008
Status
Optometry Student
There are a few schools that require a 300 in every section. I know most of them would prefer it but you may get a couple interviews. Good luck! They may want to see you take it again.

fkajoshaj

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
Status
This was the 2nd time I took it. I dont plan on taking it anymore. PCO is my first choice. What are the chances I can get an interview to PCO with my stats? NECO? NOVA?

About the Ads

sWish

10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Optometry
i think you have a decent shot for an interview at pco and nova...not too sure about neco. how are your extracurriculars?

fkajoshaj

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
Status
Well I interned at an optical store for half a year and now work for an optometrist (private practice) and have been doing so for 5 months so far. Is that good enough?

About the Ads