OAT Scores a reflection of Grades in Optometry School?

Framecontrol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Question for all you Optometry School cats out there!!

I will be attending SUNY this fall 2009 and I was wondering if ones OAT scores are usually a reflection of how well this person will do in OPT school??

I got a 350 TS and a 330 AA and I am kind of shook:scared: because I see dudes scoring 390 an 400 AA's... Props to them fully, but I am just a little curious about your experiences.

Cheers to you all!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I will be attending SUNY this fall 2009 and I was wondering if ones OAT scores are usually a reflection of how well this person will do in OPT school??

I got a 350 TS and a 330 AA and I am kind of shook:scared: because I see dudes scoring 390 an 400 AA's... Props to them fully, but I am just a little curious about your experiences.

I wouldn't worry about it. those people scoring that high are few and far between. Your score are right at competitive for most schools.

Hey,

i'm sure it is somewhat, but not entirely. i definitely could have done better on the exam, but i didnt. i know some people who rocked the exam and are lazy in school as well. its more work ethic than oat scores, in my opinion.

I'm going to agree with everyone as well. You so to speak "Know" what the tests in optometry school will be about (at least I'm assuming, I'm sure there are the 'evil' professors) and you will have an instructor teaching you what is expected of you. If we had that for the OAT, I'm sure we all would do better than we did.

It arguably could not due to several discrepancies however the Goal of the OAT, or any other 'standardized' test (e.g SAT, MCAT) I think is to predict how well the person will do in Optometry school. Not to say that a person who has a 400/400 will do better than a person who scared 330/330 but, the likelihood of the person who got 400/400 of doing better is a greater percentage than the person who scored 330/330.

I think if you get an acceptance (which you did, congrats!), it shows that you will be successful. On that note I'm not even sure that a school would accept a student to their institution unless they thought the student could succeed, it probably brings down there statistics or something.