OAT scores ALL need to be above 300?

canadaoptnow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if all subjects tested need to be above 300?

I write my OAT on June 25th and I wrote a Kaplan online full length exam yesterday and my scores were as follows:

Overall- 350
Bio - 400
Chem - 350
Organic Chem - 370
Reading - 310 (not worried about this have scored as high as 350, yesterday just did not go well)
Physics - 280 (WORRIED about, physics is my weakness and I am not making progress here)
QR/Math- 400

Is my brutal physics mark going to be a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school, so call them. Plus, I hear Kaplan online is harder than the real thing. Not to be a dark cloud, but some schools out there absolutely want >300 on each section. They're not anal, they just want high caliber students.

Did you only study though the Kaplan course? You have really good scores... you should be in great shape

yes I only used Kaplan.

I wrote another exam today and scored 350 today on both the physics and reading comprehension. The physics might have been luck today! But I will take it and hope for the best on my actual test.

FYI - I called some schools and was able to get a lot of information about my scores:
SCCO - said that my physics mark would not have been a red flag because my other marks were all over 300 but they do require over 300 for AA, TS, and RC. I had over 300 in all three because the physics mark would get averaged in with the bio, chem, and organic chem marks.
SCO - do like to see all marks above 300 but because my physic mark was below 300 they would look at my QR mark and would only have a concern if both marks were low.
ICO - want most marks to be above 300 but based on my other scores they would not advice retaking the OAT but to apply with those marks and see if the admissions committee asks me to retake the OAT. She thought they would work with me and look at how well I did in my physics courses in my science degree to determine whether or not it was an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)