OATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlcutie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys.. i dont speak up much here bc i dont have much experience.. but i do read everything you guys post.. hehe.. anyhow i have a question.. it's the kind of question that is going to make it obvious how i dont feel like studying for the OAT YET.. soo i was just wondering when you guys started preparing for the OAT.. i'm taking it in October.. how many weeks?..months? did you guys need to prepare?.. and did any of you order the CD-ROM disks to help you study?.. did they help? THANX BUNCHES!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

jlcutie,

Each person is different when it comes to the amount of study time required for the OAT. For me, I took organic and physics a few years before the OAT, so I needed more months to study.

If I were taking the OAT in October, I'd probably start studying in July. I thought the Kaplan review books were great. If you're interested in buying them let me know. I also used the Top Score software, which was also good for practice.

Good Luck!

I didn't take a review class, but I studied the science sections out of a Kaplan MCAT book because I thought the background was better. (and I didn't have 900 dollars for the kaplan class). I studied starting in June for the October sitting of the OAT and did fine. But, I'd also already graduated and had all the classes needed to take the OAT.
Good luck with it! Let us know if you have any other questions.

I had planned to start studying in the summer for the October OAT but did little of that in the summer and really started studying in September. I also used the Kaplan MCAT book.