sn2bdo

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2008
Status
Medical Student
So I am going to have to scramble, and most likely won't end up on 1 of the 5 open spots on the planet. Do I do a medicine prelim or a surgery.
Thanx.

Rzarecta

Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So I am going to have to scramble, and most likely won't end up on 1 of the 5 open spots on the planet. Do I do a medicine prelim or a surgery.
Thanx.

That totally sucks, I am sorry to hear that. From when I was on my OB rotation, I remember that the residents were advising sub-interns to do prelim surgery if they had to scramble, as that looked better when reapplying.

medsRus

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2008
Status
That totally sucks, I am sorry to hear that. From when I was on my OB rotation, I remember that the residents were advising sub-interns to do prelim surgery if they had to scramble, as that looked better when reapplying.
Hear the same.

Rogue Synapse

The Dude Has Got No Mercy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanx.
Talk to the OB PD at your school and get some advice before tomorrow.

OP
S

sn2bdo

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Yeah, if my school had an OB PD or a PD in anything I would. Thanks.

guv_garfunkel

guv_garfunkel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
www.stitchriley.com
Status
Medical Student
Thanx.
If you're a DO there is still one OB spot left open. You can look at do-online.org for the info.