Obama care: What does it really mean for current and future podiatrists?

teambringit

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatry Student
I hear plenty of good and plenty of bad things that will happen due to the health care reform. I hear that it is good for current and future podiatrists because more patients insured equals a bigger patient pool. On the other hand I hear that podiatrist and other physicians will see their salaries tank due to lower insurance pay offs. I really don't know how this will affect me and my future salary as a future podiatrist. Any input is appreciated.

futuredoc2389

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 19, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well, based on what I have read its sort of a blanket statement to say that medical care professionals as a whole will feel a crunch. Thats just what I have read and not at all based on experience since I am still pre-med. However it seems that "we" (future doctors) will not notice anything since we are currently earning zero and anything more than zero is great :)

newfeet

7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2012
Upstate New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Podiatrist
Exactly can't say I've noticed a thing. Hahaha :laugh:

Well, based on what I have read its sort of a blanket statement to say that medical care professionals as a whole will feel a crunch. Thats just what I have read and not at all based on experience since I am still pre-med. However it seems that "we" (future doctors) will not notice anything since we are currently earning zero and anything more than zero is great :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.