Obama: Congress must raise doctors' Medicare pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yummyoatmeal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama...tml?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama called on Republican lawmakers Saturday to approve billions of dollars in new spending to avert a scheduled 21 percent cut in payments to doctors who treat Medicare patients.

"I realize that simply kicking these cuts down the road another year is not a long-term solution," he said. "I am committed to permanently reforming this Medicare formula in a way that balances fiscal responsibility with the responsibility we have to doctors and seniors."

The president said he is "absolutely willing to take the difficult steps necessary to lower the cost of Medicare and put our budget on a more fiscally sustainable path. But I'm not willing to do that by punishing hardworking physicians or the millions of Americans who count on Medicare. That's just wrong. And that's why in the short-term, Congress must act to prevent this pay cut to doctors."

Members don't see this ad.

Look at what a politician DOES, not what he/she says. Then you will have a true gauge about what they really think.

Why are you drones looking to the gov't for salary salvation?

Don't you realize how un-American that is?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama...tml?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama called on Republican lawmakers Saturday to approve billions of dollars in new spending to avert a scheduled 21 percent cut in payments to doctors who treat Medicare patients.

"I realize that simply kicking these cuts down the road another year is not a long-term solution," he said. "I am committed to permanently reforming this Medicare formula in a way that balances fiscal responsibility with the responsibility we have to doctors and seniors."

The president said he is "absolutely willing to take the difficult steps necessary to lower the cost of Medicare and put our budget on a more fiscally sustainable path. But I'm not willing to do that by punishing hardworking physicians or the millions of Americans who count on Medicare. That's just wrong. And that's why in the short-term, Congress must act to prevent this pay cut to doctors."

Members don't see this ad :)
But I'm not willing to do that by punishing hardworking physicians or the millions of Americans who count on Medicare.

Weren't the physicians lazy and greedy when they were trying to pass the healthcare bill? Obama is a ****ing joke, this is just more smoke up the ass at this point.

Weren't the physicians lazy and greedy when they were trying to pass the healthcare bill? Obama is a ****ing joke, this is just more smoke up the ass at this point.

I don't remember Obama claiming physicians to be lazy and greedy. He might have called for Medicare reform to stop certain greedy physicians from raping the system, but I don't think he ever made any overarching comments about physicians as a whole.

I don't remember Obama claiming physicians to be lazy and greedy. He might have called for Medicare reform to stop certain greedy physicians from raping the system, but I don't think he ever made any overarching comments about physicians as a whole.

You dont remember when surgeons were making 50,000 dollars to amputate a foot? Or when they were taking our tonsils unnecessarily. obama does.

You dont remember when surgeons were making 50,000 dollars to amputate a foot? Or when they were taking our tonsils unnecessarily. obama does.

I believe it was the same speech where he progressed to brilliantly comment how "stupidly" Boston police acted when they arrested that Harvard professor, you know, the teachable moment for all of us to laugh at.

I believe it was the same speech where he progressed to brilliantly comment how "stupidly" Boston police acted when they arrested that Harvard professor, you know, the teachable moment for all of us to laugh at.

Actually those were 3 separate incidents. Obama just wants to play both sides

Really? Was that before or after he accused PEDIATRICIANS of removing kids tonsils just for the paycheck?

Edit: just saw someone beat me to it.