Obamacare insurance dental student

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Hale, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Hale

Hale 7+ Year Member

Dec 18, 2008
    If unemployed obamacare is free. Has anyone signed for it considering dental school charge close to $3000 for student health insurance. Given that Trump may repeal it but still will take a year or so.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dr.d00m

dr.d00m

Dec 16, 2016
    You're thinking of Medicaid. Are you from a low-income family? If not, you most likely won't get approved

If you are under the age of 26, you can remain on your parents' plan. Or you can buy one of the subsidized Obamacare plans (which is not free)

4. Cold Front

Cold Front Supreme Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Ohio
    Dentist
    Trump will not repeal Obamacare. It's just a grand idea from him and his party. Personally, I'm not a fan of Obamacare, but I think it's here to stay - and it will continue to be a sound bite for the media and politicians who are seeking public attention.

5. ncide

ncide 2+ Year Member

Mar 2, 2015
    If you are unemployed, you do not qualify for free healthcare on the market. If you have a salary and are under a certain level of income, then insurance can be discounted by the state you live in.

6. Bifenthrin

Bifenthrin 2+ Year Member

Sep 8, 2012
    NYC
    Idk if it's true for all states, but in NYS you qualify for Medicaid in this kind of scenario.

7. Chipotlegonewild

Chipotlegonewild

Dec 28, 2016
    Medicaid + food stamps is available for students with families in Texas as long as assets are under $5k.

8. Hale

Hale 7+ Year Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I am 27 and was on parent's plan. Now I need to get mine. so parents wealth does not count as I am adult. Techinically I have zero income being a student, I know I can get free insurance in Maryland with Medicaid but I tried state exchange of MA where I study it does not give me free. I know couple of students doing. I am not sure how it works or where I apply.