General Admissions & OTCAS Observation hours during pandemic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thefutureisot

Reaction score
I just wanted to vent a little here because my time during this quarantine has not been pleasant, I'm constantly up late at night worrying about how schools will not even look at me because I literally have no observation hours. I was set to start observing at in inpatient clinic in March when the coronavirus first hit and was supposed to continue up until it was time to apply to school. Depending on what schools I wanted to apply to most of them need their applications by January. This is so discouraging because now I feel like because of this I'll have to sit at home for another year to apply if this thing never blows over soon.

Members don't see this ad.

& for the people who may be thinking why haven't I started earlier with getting hours.. I didn't even know I wanted to do OT until last year in February. From that point I was concerned on switching majors to exercise science from prenursing and to try to bring my GPA up.

The schools that I’m applying to are waving/ postponing the observation requirement. One school in particular is saying that as long as you have everything else you can still apply. If accepted, I would have to get the rest of my observation hours by August.
So check at the schools that you want to apply. They may be waiving things due to the pandemic.

Members don't see this ad :)
The schools that I’m applying to are waving/ postponing the observation requirement. One school in particular is saying that as long as you have everything else you can still apply. If accepted, I would have to get the rest of my observation hours by August.
So check at the schools that you want to apply. They may be waiving things due to the pandemic.

may i ask what schools you're applying to?

I applied to UAMS. And I’ll apply to TWU and Texas Tech once the application opens.

Reactions: 1 user