EPP

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hey guys, I'm starting D-School in September (trying to narrow down where, save that for another thread).

last summer, I was able to go on morning rounds with the OMS residents. Before rounds they would show me the planning stages of upcoming surgeries; show me how to fill in charts; show me x-rays and CTs; I’d listen in on them testing each other. During rounds I’d watch patient interaction, elastic/bandage change. However when clinic started, I was out of there (per my agreement with director - because "not in dental school"=complicated liabilities - I understand; they aren't messing around here). But this means I didn't really get to watch any procedures. Still, the experience was awesome, and I’d love to do it again.

I want to do it again this summer, my question is this:
what should I be requesting?

I definitely want to do rounds again, that was great. What else should I be looking to be involved with? I know that there are liabilities involved - it’s something I’m really excited to check out more closely. Please advise.

-pp

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.