Obtaining TX License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasForever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone - I have a question concerning obtaining a Texas pharmacist license.

I currently am a sixth year pharmacy student graduating in May. I have a job offer in Texas and went to the TX Board of Pharmacy website to check the licensure requirements. Under the internship requirements section, it says I need 1500 intern hours and based on my interpretation that my 1600 APPE rotation hours won't count towards this requirement. Do I have to apply for an extended intern position post-graduation or can my school sign an affidavit certifying my APPE rotation hours? Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh no! You can just ask at your school or contact someone from the State Board of Pharmacy from where your school is (That's assuming your school is outside of Texas like mine is). They will certify your hours and you'll be good to go. I'm in the same shoe and I'm just waiting till around April (once done with Rotation) to get started with all the paperwork as well as registering for NAPLEX. Hope that helps

You must have the state board in your state certify your hours to the Texas State Board. They will not accept certification of the hours from your school.

Go ahead and fill out an online application for Texas now so that they can send you the fingerprinting card and then you can get that done instead of waiting until you are done with rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
hiii everyone,
i have done my diploma pharmacy for 2yrs than 3yrs bachelors of pharmacy with 1500 training in hospital pharmacy from india. now i m going to be a permanent resident of texas. do i will get my fpgec certificate to be a registered pharmacist in texas? plssss reply thnx for ur time

So Here is my situation.:confused:

I am in the last year doing my APPEs rotations (pharmacy school student in PA). I want to get license in Texas state after graduation.:)

I am getting about 1600 hours from my school total, but for PA state I heard only 750 of those hours will count and rest I have to get my own.

So my question is: For texas state how many hours will count? 1600 or 750?
Hopefully I don't have to work post graduation to get the hours>..:sleep: