Occlusion question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentstu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In CUSP TO FOSSA relationship in intercuspal position, the maxillary 1st premolar is most likely to articulate with mandibular

1. LI
2. LI and canine
3. 1st premolar
4. canine and 1st premolar
5. 1st premolar and 2nd premolar

I think anwser must be no. 5
But its no. 3 :scared:

Somebody please explain, its a question of M series.

Members don't see this ad.

In CUSP TO FOSSA relationship in intercuspal position, the maxillary 1st premolar is most likely to articulate with mandibular

1. LI
2. LI and canine
3. 1st premolar

You said it yourself, "cusp to fossa". It would normally occlude with the DMR of the 1st premolar and the MMR of the 2nd premolar. But since it said "cusp to fossa, the answer is 3.

1. LI
2. LI and canine
3. 1st premolar

Hi!Dentstu,

Since the working cusp of maxillary teeth occludes with class couterparts or couterparts and tooth distal to it, I will choose mandibular 1st premolar.
By the way, it will be maxillary lingual cusp(working cusp) of 1st premolar occludes with distal triangular fossa of mandibular 1st premolar.

Black Rose

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I am giving my exams on 26th Nov. I am looking for a determined study partner for a quick round of discussion of Kaplan review, dental decks, question papers and others materials.

If anybody wishes to discuss, please respond. Disussions are great help to remember things and maximize prep in brief period!

Thanks in advance and Good luck!

Thanks to both of you, for clearing my doubt :)

Hi!Dentstu,

It's alright. Don't mention about this.
We are still learning.
By the way, I like your design on asking question on the Forum.
It's very clear and easy to read.

Black Rose