Occupational Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr aaron

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me information regarding the field of occupational medicine....particularly which programs across the country have a residency for this specialty. i searched the acgme website and could not find any programs--any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me information regarding the field of occupational medicine....particularly which programs across the country have a residency for this specialty. i searched the acgme website and could not find any programs--any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Occ Med is an easy and nicely remunerated specialty. A hidden gem IMHO...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Continue to post about it so we can get a preventative medicine forum.

Occ Med is an easy and nicely remunerated specialty. A hidden gem IMHO...:)

I totally agree. Probably the easiest residency of ANY specialty.

We recently had a lecture by an Occupational medicine guy, he lamented the low exposure that medical students get to the field.

Most people have no idea what occupational medicine is. The few that have heard of it think it begins and ends with pneumoconiosis.

We recently had a lecture by an Occupational medicine guy, he lamented the low exposure that medical students get to the field.

Most people have no idea what occupational medicine is. The few that have heard of it think it begins and ends with pneumoconiosis.

Just not enough time to let people know about what all the specialties do, especially small ones. Heck, many people don't even know that much about PM&R.