oceanography and neuro: bio or no???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to get this AMCAS over with!
Okay i have two course questions for anyone who would be kind enough to help:

1) I always figured I would be able to put Oceanography in BCPM. I mean it wasnt the hardest class ever but it was offered through the Bio department and was pretty much all Bio memorization just like my other bio classes. On the AMCAS course classification thing, it has oceanography under Natural/Physical Sciences which i assume do not go under BCPM. Whats the deal?

2) The bio/psych dilemma. I was a bio major with a concentration in Neuroscience. Because of the way my school did their stuff (neuro classes offered through psych department), i had to take classes in the psych department for the bio major. (1) Bio Bases of Behavior and (2) Hormones and Behavior. Do i put these as behavioral (since they have PSY next to them on transcript) or biology (since they counted for the bio major and the coursework was mostly bio)? Doesnt really change my SCI GPA either way, i just want to be as accurate as possible for those amcas verifiers.

Sorry so long-winded!
Bounty

Members don't see this ad.

The way I did it last year was to stick with the department listings ie. if it is Bio100 "Oceanography" then I listed it as Bio. If it's Psy100 then behavioral. As long as you're consistent I don't think you can run into any problems.