• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

DrWorkNeverDone

Carters Mistress
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
Sacramento
groups.yahoo.com
Status
Hey I have a couple of bleeps on my IR Spec that I can not figure out what they could be thought maybe one of you guys would know where it goes to

one is at 2361

and the other is at 1233

It is an ester lab if that helps at all...thanks!!! :love:

babybribs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
Status
If it is from the lab the peak at 2300 is prolly CO2 that you forgot to blank out before you put your sample in the IR spec. Next time you take your sample remember to run the clear background function before you put your sample in. THe 1300 peak is prolly a C-0 bond stretch, but then again it could be a variety of things.

Hope that helps

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
the only peaks i know of that may be 2100-2300 is either a carbon triple bond or a nitrile. nitrile is the closer of the two, but it depends on whether there is some sort of strain to move it up to the 2300 area

About the Ads

g3pro

Dr. Mogley
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2003
Status
You guys actually have to run IR spectroscopic analyses in the OC? My orgallary distillichemistra lab does not require it but I'm wondering if it'll be necessary...

DrWorkNeverDone

Carters Mistress
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
Sacramento
groups.yahoo.com
Status
babybribs said:
If it is from the lab the peak at 2300 is prolly CO2 that you forgot to blank out before you put your sample in the IR spec. Next time you take your sample remember to run the clear background function before you put your sample in. THe 1300 peak is prolly a C-0 bond stretch, but then again it could be a variety of things.

Hope that helps
I didnt hear from anyone last night so I asked my teacher this morning,,,you were abs. correct babyribs! Thanks again for your help....yeah we have to do IR spec...i think it is nice to know how the lines get on the paper.

About the Ads