1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Ochem Help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DrWorkNeverDone, Apr 22, 2004.

1. DrWorkNeverDone

DrWorkNeverDone Carters Mistress
    7+ Year Member

Hey I have a couple of bleeps on my IR Spec that I can not figure out what they could be thought maybe one of you guys would know where it goes to

one is at 2361

and the other is at 1233

It is an ester lab if that helps at all...thanks!!! :love:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. babybribs

babybribs Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

If it is from the lab the peak at 2300 is prolly CO2 that you forgot to blank out before you put your sample in the IR spec. Next time you take your sample remember to run the clear background function before you put your sample in. THe 1300 peak is prolly a C-0 bond stretch, but then again it could be a variety of things.

Hope that helps

4. emogrrrrl

emogrrrrl I like my freedom
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    the only peaks i know of that may be 2100-2300 is either a carbon triple bond or a nitrile. nitrile is the closer of the two, but it depends on whether there is some sort of strain to move it up to the 2300 area

5. g3pro

g3pro Dr. Mogley
    7+ Year Member

You guys actually have to run IR spectroscopic analyses in the OC? My orgallary distillichemistra lab does not require it but I'm wondering if it'll be necessary...

6. DrWorkNeverDone

DrWorkNeverDone Carters Mistress
    7+ Year Member

I didnt hear from anyone last night so I asked my teacher this morning,,,you were abs. correct babyribs! Thanks again for your help....yeah we have to do IR spec...i think it is nice to know how the lines get on the paper.