Ochem Solutions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm self-studying orgo, and so far it's going very well. However, my book only has the odd solutions in the back, and since practicing problems is key, I have no idea if I got the right answer or not for the even ones. Does anyone know a good website to download solution manuals for free? So far, I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Given that you are asking for sources of illegal material, I predict this thread gets locked. That said, you can always check your school's library for the solution manual or buy it cheaply on ebay/Amazon.

Go to your school. I bet they have a solutions manual you could use.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, most school libraries or tutoring centers have them or sometimes the teachers do. Otherwise, Chegg.com (formerly cramster.com is an option if you're willing to spend a bit of cash.

Allow me to clarify: solution manuals ARE NOT illegal materials. My teachers often request that students check out the solutions manuals so that they can do problems, and it's perfectly fine because there is no homework grade anyways, so having the solutions manuals allows you to confirm that you are doing the problems correctly.

I have looked into my school library, but they don't have the specific textbook solutions manual I'm looking for. Nonetheless, thanks to everyone who helped! :)

Does your school not have the solutions manual because you are using an older edition? If this is the case, then search amazon or something to see if you can get one on the super cheap. They've gotta be out there

Allow me to clarify: solution manuals ARE NOT illegal materials. My teachers often request that students check out the solutions manuals so that they can do problems, and it's perfectly fine because there is no homework grade anyways, so having the solutions manuals allows you to confirm that you are doing the problems correctly.

I have looked into my school library, but they don't have the specific textbook solutions manual I'm looking for. Nonetheless, thanks to everyone who helped! :)
The manuals themselves are not illegal materials because they are published by (usually) the same company that publishes the textbook. However, asking for sources of free (pirate) download of these copyrighted materials is solicitation of illegal materials.

God you guys are touchy.

Guy has a legal copy of the book and just wants some damn solutions to go along with it.

What textbook is it?

God you guys are touchy.

Guy has a legal copy of the book and just wants some damn solutions to go along with it.

What textbook is it?
The solutions manual for the textbook is just as protected under copyright as the textbook itself. Whether a textbook is legally possessed or not is irrelevant to whether one acquires the solutions manual legally or not.

What's the difference between stealing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Chemi...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338587275&sr=1-1

or this?

http://www.amazon.com/Solutions-Manual-Organic-Chemistry-Edition/dp/0321598717/ref=pd_sim_b_1

The solutions manual for the textbook is just as protected under copyright as the textbook itself. Whether a textbook is legally possessed or not is irrelevant to whether one acquires the solutions manual legally or not.

What's the difference between stealing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Chemi...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338587275&sr=1-1

or this?

http://www.amazon.com/Solutions-Manual-Organic-Chemistry-Edition/dp/0321598717/ref=pd_sim_b_1

I noticed that there are some people in the lower link with 5 star ratings and over 30,000 or even over 200,000 reviews selling the desired manual(assuming OP is using Wade) used for 7 bucks plus 3 bucks shipping. That seems as close to free as OP will legally get. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.