OChem vs. Orgo vs. Organic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OChem vs. Orgo vs. Organic

• OChem

Votes: 110 38.2%
  • Orgo

Votes: 118 41.0%
  • Organic

Votes: 55 19.1%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
ChocolateKiss said:
I always thought it was Ochem in California and orgo on the East Coast. Does this ring true for you all? Don't know about the South or Midwest though.

I'm from the east coast and I prefer OChem.

I did live in a California for a little while...

Members don't see this ad.

Well, my school is odd anyway...we call it organic. Plain and simple. (and it's p-chem, analytical, and gen chem for the rest of them)

BirdmanRA said:
Well, my school is odd anyway...we call it organic. Plain and simple. (and it's p-chem, analytical, and gen chem for the rest of them)

Gen Chem, OChem, PChem and Anal Chem. And then there's Inorg. I wonder why IChem hasn't caught on?

Members don't see this ad :)
From UCF Florida. Gen Chem, Organic, Biochem

I'm from CA and use o-chem but have also heard it called orgo from one of my GSIs (maybe she was from the east coast?).

orgo from texas but i am abit of a rebel.

this reminds me of the wacky contests in School Rumble.

Orgo, but I've heard people call it ochem before. I'm in the midwest BTW.

This poll would have been fun to see the breakdown of the parts of the US.

I'll represent from Minneapolis: O-chem all the way. I've never heard people call it orgo. We use gen-chem, o-chem, and p-chem at the U of MN. Did anyone see that map breakdown of "pop", "soda," and "coke" by region that was posted in allo? Very cool. Someone should make one of those for this debate.

p-chem, g-chem, o-chem from SoCal

Dr.Acula said:
How the hell is 'orgo' winning?! IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! +pissed+
O-chem all the way from the 3rd coast. :cool:

neither do "Chuck" for Charles, "Andy" for Andrew and better yet "Dick" for Richard but we say it anyway.

NY-orgo or organic. Ochem :eek:...sounds just plain weird. I get goosebumps just saying it. :scared:

I say organic, but have heard primarily orgo. Have never heard o-chem before.

TheProwler said:
where the heck do people get orgo? o-chem and organic make sense.
It sounds so right :D

i've never even heard of "orgo" until i came to this board. I can't believe "orgo" is winning... it reminds me of northern californias saying "hella", except this time the norcalers actually have the sense to call this subject it's true name "o-chem"