OCPM Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sguiliana

OCPM Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
where you at . . .

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deposit is in...not + if I will end up there though

Love to see you end up there. Strong academic program & from what I saw the students were close and helped eachother alot. That support system never hurts, plus Dean Lott is the ****.

Oh, and no other school can even come close to touching OCPM facilities, esp. that anatomy lab. From what I heard the clinic prepares the students very well, although one of them is pretty slow. Cleavland foot & ankle is really diverse and they see alot of path. Plus I feel that the school has such a future ahead of them. The building is huge, and a whole entire wing on the third floor is compleatly unoccupied. they have more space than they know what to do with. lol. There is already talk to a Gait study center on the third floor, dorms & a clinic on campus within a few years. although I prob. wont be there to enjoy the clinic or dorms, the school has a big future ahead of them. also I find it cool that they will have a computer based atlas for GA by each table over the summer. So i'll have that before i start in the fall :thumbup:

I'll talk on AIM tonight .

Love to see you end up there. Strong academic program & from what I saw the students were close and helped eachother alot. That support system never hurts, plus Dean Lott is the ****.

Oh, and no other school can even come close to touching OCPM facilities, esp. that anatomy lab. From what I heard the clinic prepares the students very well, although one of them is pretty slow. Cleavland foot & ankle is really diverse and they see alot of path. Plus I feel that the school has such a future ahead of them. The building is huge, and a whole entire wing on the third floor is compleatly unoccupied. they have more space than they know what to do with. lol. There is already talk to a Gait study center on the third floor, dorms & a clinic on campus within a few years. although I prob. wont be there to enjoy the clinic or dorms, the school has a big future ahead of them. also I find it cool that they will have a computer based atlas for GA by each table over the summer. So i'll have that before i start in the fall :thumbup:

I'll talk on AIM tonight .

Glad to hear your thoughts. Facility wise, OCPM does rock. Really a beautiful place and SOOOOOO much better than the old building on Euclid Ave. Like night and day. Anatomy lab is sweet!

Sounds like the profs are still quite accessible even with the large class size. The biochem + phys guy is known to meet with students at local coffee shops to review for tests :thumbup: MediaCenter is an excellent tool and you can dl lectures to your Ipod. One of the things that nagged me about CSPM was the lack of this technology (have to bring a tape recorder, and that is not allowed with a particular professor).

I'm curious how decent OCPM is with preparation with surgery/limb salvage. Definitely a strong interest of mine. Not sure how new-school or old-school the clinical professors are. Seems a lot are "inbred" (graduated from OCPM)

Wish they gave out more scholarship $ though! The mad cheap cost of living does even it out in a sense :)

Sounds good bout AIM, should be around once I'm done giving tours.

A gait center? sounds amazing. I wonder if the research opportunities will develop in the next few years? That is one of the big turnoffs for me, especially coming from an undergrad where I will have done 2.5 years of research by the time I graduate. I don't want all of that hard work to go to waste!! :(

A gait center? sounds amazing. I wonder if the research opportunities will develop in the next few years? That is one of the big turnoffs for me, especially coming from an undergrad where I will have done 2.5 years of research by the time I graduate. I don't want all of that hard work to go to waste!! :(

Well keep in mind: you dont need a Gait research center in order to do research. It only broadens your opportunity. If your interested in biomechanics, they have many programs set up. I would assume that the Gait center will probally be in place by the time you would graduate. Talked with the Dean Hetherington and he told me most likley within the next couple of years. This would be perfect since you're going to be in the books for the first couple of years anyways. By the time the Gait center is ready, your academic load should be lower and you'll have the opportunity to do some research if you want. It's not like they dont have the space or need to contruct a building, etc. They have an entire wing on the third floor that's pretty much empty.

sguiliana have you decided on OCPM or are you still thinking about Temple?

Members don't see this ad :)
OCPM 2013 here!

I'll see you guys there!

Yea, I do. I just sent you a message with my info...

I interviewed and was accepted on Nov. 7. I sent in my deposit today for class of 2013:)

This is still really early, but has anyone put any thought into where they are going to live next year? The Regency sounds really tempting (almost all utilities included, plus OCPM discount), but I really don't want to live in the only "OCPM dorm" if I go there.

My dad had the audacity to suggest that I live with my parents for the first year. :laugh:

Any thoughts?

This is still really early, but has anyone put any thought into where they are going to live next year? The Regency sounds really tempting (almost all utilities included, plus OCPM discount), but I really don't want to live in the only "OCPM dorm" if I go there.

My dad had the audacity to suggest that I live with my parents for the first year. :laugh:

Any thoughts?

Is your dad willing to adopt me ??:laugh:

The school listings that OCPM gave me were ok....It's hard to find a decent place if you have wife + kids + (2) dogs like me...Most places allowed cats but not medium-sized dogs...ughh.... I'm thinking most of you guys are single, so ya'll probably won't have the problem like I have.....

I did check out a couple of places on CraigsList...lol......Actually, I found some really great deals...I'm thinking of ~July flying out & doing some REAL searching though....

Is your dad willing to adopt me ??:laugh:

The school listings that OCPM gave me were ok....It's hard to find a decent place if you have wife + kids + (2) dogs like me...Most places allowed cats but not medium-sized dogs...ughh.... I'm thinking most of you guys are single, so ya'll probably won't have the problem like I have.....

I did check out a couple of places on CraigsList...lol......Actually, I found some really great deals...I'm thinking of ~July flying out & doing some REAL searching though....

Lol if we only had enough space in our 3Bdr. house (My crap is currently taking over two of them).

How old are your kids? Will they be within school age over the course of the next four years? If you let me know what you are looking for I can point you in the right direction...I live in Cleveland and went to school in Parma heights.

I've been looking for houses on Craigslist too (I don't like being "cooped up") and found some nice ones in the Parma area. Or if you are looking to buy look at http://www.howardhanna.com/

I hear ya on the dog issue. I have rats and most of the apartments only allow cats (maybe this includes everything smaller than that). Lol I can't wait to convince my landlord that I should have rats in his house. :confused:

Lol if we only had enough space in our 3Bdr. house (My crap is currently taking over two of them).

How old are your kids? Will they be within school age over the course of the next four years? If you let me know what you are looking for I can point you in the right direction...I live in Cleveland and went to school in Parma heights.

I've been looking for houses on Craigslist too (I don't like being "cooped up") and found some nice ones in the Parma area. Or if you are looking to buy look at http://www.howardhanna.com/

I hear ya on the dog issue. I have rats and most of the apartments only allow cats (maybe this includes everything smaller than that). Lol I can't wait to convince my landlord that I should have rats in his house. :confused:

I have some good information for you guys. More to come...

How old are your kids?[/B] Will they be within school age over the course of the next four years? If you let me know what you are looking for I can point you in the right direction...I live in Cleveland and went to school in Parma heights.

lol...My wife is still preggo right now...My daughter lives in TX w/ her mom but visits me regularly..So, no schooling till I get into a residency someday...Wifey will be a Stay@home mom..

Hey guys,
I think some of you have already but anyone who hasn't feel free to join the facebook group OCPM class of 2013!

I've been looking into some places too and as for The Regency some of the students we encountered during the our interview/tour said what one of you said, it's more like a dorm than apartments. They recommended looking elsewhere. I've looked on craigslist and it looks like they'll be some good deals for one person. I'm hoping to find something with some utilities included. I know, for me, the lower cost of living was a positive in attending OCPM.

The list they gave us, I agree, is ok... its a good start but I'm not sure they're what I'm looking for... I think I'm gonna go down June or July to actually look at a few places....

Hey guys,
I think some of you have already but anyone who hasn't feel free to join the facebook group OCPM class of 2013!

I've been looking into some places too and as for The Regency some of the students we encountered during the our interview/tour said what one of you said, it's more like a dorm than apartments. They recommended looking elsewhere. I've looked on craigslist and it looks like they'll be some good deals for one person. I'm hoping to find something with some utilities included. I know, for me, the lower cost of living was a positive in attending OCPM.

The list they gave us, I agree, is ok... its a good start but I'm not sure they're what I'm looking for... I think I'm gonna go down June or July to actually look at a few places....

yeah seriously. I def dont want to live in another dorm. I'de rather pay more money and live somewhere quiet with more space.

Yeah I also heard that Regency was like a dorm and my ambassodors said to avoid it.

I think the list they gave us is a good start but I will probably be looking online for other apartments that suit my needs. I plan on going down there in late may or june to look at some places.

For me I would like a place that is not tower apartments and one that is quiet. I know my ambassodors recommended dover farms and woodburry commons so I plan on checking those places out.

How is the Regency like a dorm? I heard from my tour guides it was a great place to live! I'm not sure if y'all have visited but my 3rd year friend lives there and I checked out her 2 bedroom apartment. They are remodeling a bunch of rooms and overall, it was awesome! Balconies plus everything is included (minus electricity) plus underground, heated parking is available - great for the winter. Cannot go wrong with the price either.

I believe 80-ish OCPM students liver there. I hope you realize its not like every single person who lives there is a pod student. This girl didn't even have any OCPM students living on her floor. She said theres a bunch of elderly plus families.

Oh yea, walking distance to a mall, grocery store, starbucks, and hospital.

How is the Regency like a dorm? I heard from my tour guides it was a great place to live! I'm not sure if y'all have visited but my 3rd year friend lives there and I checked out her 2 bedroom apartment. They are remodeling a bunch of rooms and overall, it was awesome! Balconies plus everything is included (minus electricity) plus underground, heated parking is available - great for the winter. Cannot go wrong with the price either.

I believe 80-ish OCPM students liver there. I hope you realize its not like every single person who lives there is a pod student. This girl didn't even have any OCPM students living on her floor. She said theres a bunch of elderly plus families.

Oh yea, walking distance to a mall, grocery store, starbucks, and hospital.

hmmm

Yea, there there reasons why the regency is very popular with OCPM people. Not sure if you guys assume its a party apartment complex or something, but I was there on a Saturday night for a few hours and it was quiet. Like I said, seemed like an awesome place to live. Furthermore, it allows carpooling since a large # of students live there.

Yea, there there reasons why the regency is very popular with OCPM people. Not sure if you guys assume its a party apartment complex or something, but I was there on a Saturday night for a few hours and it was quiet. Like I said, seemed like an awesome place to live. Furthermore, it allows carpooling since a large # of students live there.
It all depends on your neighbors. There are a lot of CC/Tech school kids that live there as well and from what I hear they aren't too quiet.

the regency apartments are just like all the other apartments that the students live in within the same price range. the reason why some students call it 'dorms' is more of a joke because so many OCPM students live there, that it is almost like OCPM dorms. its a full normal apt. I live there and i dont have any OCPM students on my floor, just families; there are 4 large 7 floor blds that make up the complex, so we are all spread out. It doesnt get very loud due to parties, as the Parma police dpt routinely walk around the halls (esp on the weekends) and tell you to be quiet, and the elderlies will call the police when it gets too loud anyway. for the price you cant really go wrong (ocpm discount, heat, water).

I really do like that the regency includes almost all utilities and the underground parking is definitely a plus. When I did the internship there I saw one of their model apartments and the upgrades looked great (breakfast bar, new appliances, built in microwave, new cabinets). Midtown towers is also nice (a bit closer, all utilities covered except for electric and one other). One of the ambassadors told our interview group that her electric bill is only $15/month!! :eek:

What I do really like about both of these places is that with the discount you would be able to splurge on a 2 bedroom or you can use the discount to pay the extra $25 a month for the upgrades and $35 (or whatever) for underground heated parking at the regency. :thumbup: And of course not having to pay for heat will be amazing in the winter.

Last edited:
I agree the included utilities is a plus, no question. It is especially, as you said, in the winter. I'm not trying to say The Regency is bad by any means as I haven't seen it myself.....I am going off the advice of some third year students we encountered during our tour.

Don't get me wrong but police walking the halls telling people to be quiet reminds me far too much of my undergrad dorm where public safety police would walk the halls to do the same.

That being said I think it is a feasible option for living on a fixed budget...

the regency apartments are just like all the other apartments that the students live in within the same price range. The reason why some students call it 'dorms' is more of a joke because so many ocpm students live there, that it is almost like ocpm dorms. Its a full normal apt. I live there and i dont have any ocpm students on my floor, just families; there are 4 large 7 floor blds that make up the complex, so we are all spread out. It doesnt get very loud due to parties, as the parma police dpt routinely walk around the halls (esp on the weekends) and tell you to be quiet, and the elderlies will call the police when it gets too loud anyway. For the price you cant really go wrong (ocpm discount, heat, water).

+1

the regency apartments are just like all the other apartments that the students live in within the same price range. the reason why some students call it 'dorms' is more of a joke because so many OCPM students live there, that it is almost like OCPM dorms. its a full normal apt. I live there and i dont have any OCPM students on my floor, just families; there are 4 large 7 floor blds that make up the complex, so we are all spread out. It doesnt get very loud due to parties, as the Parma police dpt routinely walk around the halls (esp on the weekends) and tell you to be quiet, and the elderlies will call the police when it gets too loud anyway. for the price you cant really go wrong (ocpm discount, heat, water).

how much of a discount do they give OCPM students?

how much of a discount do they give OCPM students?

The paperwork I have from the interview says $75 for a 1Bdr and $100 for a 2Bdr, including remodels. And you get free internet! I think a lot of other area apartments have discounts too. :thumbup:

The paperwork I have from the interview says $75 for a 1Bdr and $100 for a 2Bdr, including remodels. And you get free internet! I think a lot of other area apartments have discounts too. :thumbup:

yeah I'm looking at the Woodbury Commons. A little more expensive, but they look really nice and the area seems quiet. 750+ sqft >:)

I currently live at the Regency, and have no problems with it. It's cheap and there is garage parking available for $30/month. If I don't hit any traffic lights I can make it to school in 10 min flat.

what does it mean if u get an interview? 75% in?

I'm sure they don't want to waste your time (or theirs more importantly), so if you're @ the interview & don't make an {a s s} of yourself or come off too arrogant you're :thumbup:

lol yeah, if they call you in for an interview you pretty much met their criteria for an acceptance

so you are telling me that this is a school that doesnt even get selective at teh interview process? :scared:

so you are telling me that this is a school that doesnt even get selective at teh interview process? :scared:

I feel that a number of pod schools are like this - including CSPM. Same day acceptance and everyone seems to walk out smiling with a yellow & blue packet.

I feel that a number of pod schools are like this - including CSPM. Same day acceptance and everyone seems to walk out smiling with a yellow & blue packet.

i was told by the admissions that they give out about 140 interviews for 42-48 spots so obviously almost 100 out of those dont walk out smiling chief

i was told by the admissions that they give out about 140 interviews for 42-48 spots so obviously almost 100 out of those dont walk out smiling chief

well they (and other schools) probably have to accept more than 48 in case some of those people go elsewhere.

All you need is a 16 on the MCAT to get into CSPM (they say 18 this year but I am + if it's in effect). I would think/hope even the majority of pod applicants have that score.

Also, I would not believe everything you hear from admissions. You ask for 1st time pass rates and certain schools say it's 100% - when its clearly not even close.