OCT 18 2008 PCAT thoughts and results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

Tatodotcom

wow, im def. glad i took it i now know what to study for and expect, and time is a whole nother issue....man that was tough

verbal-******ed, were those words in english??!?!?
bio-not bad at all, very few anatomy which was good cause i havnt had it yet
chem-freakin OCHEM exam, which im currently in...it was ok, time hurt
reading- not bad, couple of broad questions that i swear had multiple right answers..
math-not bad at all, EXCEPT FOR TIME! the problems were easy but i was on questions 28 and we had 5 mins left! i was getting everyone right though..i reallly need to time myself better

essays-who cares? they werent bad though

Members don't see this ad.

So, it is December 4th and I am still waiting on my scores. Do you think they might get them to me before January? I'm starting to wonder if I even took the test.

That is what I get for doing a countdown until the results.

I know that mail can be slow but it's not THAT slow. You should call them again and maybe get them to send out your scores again because it's been way too long.

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you don't have your scores! You can have mine if you want. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
January 2008---------> August 2008
Verbal 399/50---------> 428/86
Biology 411/69---------> 430/88
Reading 406/60---------> 411/63
Quant. 433/91---------> 410/59
Chemistry 431/89---------> 395/37
Composite 416/79---------> 415/73

I have scores from August 2007, but the only thing I did phenomonal on was Biology and Chemistry, my two strongest subjects. Unfortunately, my chem score went down because. I had some chest pains compliments of my Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome during the Chemistry section, so after that my mind was out of it... I was surprised to get as high as scores as I did for Reading, but I guess I'll take it. Oh, and I'd like to thank Pearson for slightly screwing me over by rescaling my January scores, so that 79 is most likely a 74 now.. ugh.... Anyway, I'm gonna be taking the exam a 4th time. It just sucks because I know I would have had a at least an 80 had I not been thrown off... Oh well, I guess I have one more try in January. I'll be prepared again but will my heart be....

So, it is December 4th and I am still waiting on my scores. Do you think they might get them to me before January? I'm starting to wonder if I even took the test.

That is what I get for doing a countdown until the results.

call them. seriously... i didn't get mine either and so i called them last tuesday (12/2 i think) and finally got them on saturday. Surprisingly i did well for not studying (i only had time to study bio section with the DAT destroyer):

verbal 443/95
bio 447/96
reading comp 433/89
math 416/69
chem 421/76
composite 432/92
3/3

Sigh. math really rocked me

January 2008---------> August 2008
Verbal 399/50---------> 428/86
Biology 411/69---------> 430/88
Reading 406/60---------> 411/63
Quant. 433/91---------> 410/59
Chemistry 431/89---------> 395/37
Composite 416/79---------> 415/73

I have scores from August 2007, but the only thing I did phenomonal on was Biology and Chemistry, my two strongest subjects. Unfortunately, my chem score went down because. I had some chest pains compliments of my Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome during the Chemistry section, so after that my mind was out of it... I was surprised to get as high as scores as I did for Reading, but I guess I'll take it. Oh, and I'd like to thank Pearson for slightly screwing me over by rescaling my January scores, so that 79 is most likely a 74 now.. ugh.... Anyway, I'm gonna be taking the exam a 4th time. It just sucks because I know I would have had a at least an 80 had I not been thrown off... Oh well, I guess I have one more try in January. I'll be prepared again but will my heart be....

sorry to hear that. the chem part is pretty tough if you're not mentally focused on that section. for me.. i admit that i just circled 10-15 answers haphazardly due to time. i'm just very very lucky lol.

sorry to hear that. the chem part is pretty tough if you're not mentally focused on that section. for me.. i admit that i just circled 10-15 answers haphazardly due to time. i'm just very very lucky lol.

Yeah, circling and bubbling is my go to move, especially for math, but i didnt even finish it, i think ileft like 15 blank

Essays- Easy prompt to eloborate
Verbal- I thought was fairly easy. Didn't know a couple
Biology- Fairly easy. Would have like to seen more anatomy
Chemistry- What the hell. I had to guess on about 12 questions. I really screwed that section up
Reading- Not bad but a couple of questions were tricky.
Quantitative- Not too bad. Would have done better had I not raced through it. I was afraid of running out of time.

My scores came today in Cincinnati!

I am ecstatic:xf:

Verbal Ability 437 92
Biology 421 80
Reading Comp 428 85
Quantitative 438 91
Chemistry 425 80

Composite 430 91

This is a huge improvement from August!
August %
Verbal 81
Biology 96
Reading 52
Quant 62
Chem 37
Comp 74

Even though my biology was lower (cause I did not study for it at all this go around, just chem and quant), this score is better overall. I'm very happy, specially since the the school I am applying to has a pcat score average of 70!!!!! This helps me out a lot!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!

could you please tell me what books did u use? which one is the most similar to the actual test?

My scores came today in Cincinnati!

I am ecstatic:xf:

Verbal Ability 437 92
Biology 421 80
Reading Comp 428 85
Quantitative 438 91
Chemistry 425 80

Composite 430 91

This is a huge improvement from August!
August %
Verbal 81
Biology 96
Reading 52
Quant 62
Chem 37
Comp 74

Even though my biology was lower (cause I did not study for it at all this go around, just chem and quant), this score is better overall. I'm very happy, specially since the the school I am applying to has a pcat score average of 70!!!!! This helps me out a lot!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!

WOW that is fantastic:thumbup:! I want to know what the secret is ;)! How did you improve your composite score by 17% in only two months, I know that I wouldn't have been able to prepare in two months with taking classes and everything else! No but seriously, congrats...... And if you have any tips or strategies that may help, let me know. I am possibly thinking of retaking it in Jan. just to see if I can improve my score before schools make there final decisions!

Last edited: