OCT sings retinal detachment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dmi-pod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am interested in the following: is there any reliable signs of OCT retinal detachment, which can predict the higher visual functions after vitreous surgery? Unfortunately, in Russian there is no such publications. Can you share a link or title of the book?

Members don't see this ad.

I think preop OCT will be less reliable than other factors such as duration of detachment, macular involvement, complexity of detachment (i.e. Giant tear, presence of PVR, traction etc), comorbidities (ocular and systemic) etc. I'll look around for publications though, interesting question

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-operatively, it may be more helpful for tractional detachments compared to rhegmatogenous detachments. However, it's more useful in the decision for surgery and for planning for surgery than actual post-operative outcomes.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you very much for your responsiveness!

Interesting articles! please share the link on the current understanding of the cellular and molecular physiology of the retina. I am immensely grateful to you!