October board Navy HPSP (dental) question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucfknight7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was originally planning on having my packet complete for the October board this year, but unfortunately my recruiter said it is unlikely and I'll have to submit for the November board probably. I was wondering how this affects my chances of being granted the scholarship?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year I had my application ready for October, but apparently they canceled it due to having a small number of applicants. So they moved the first board to November. This is all what my recruiter told me.

Unless the numbers change a lot from last year, you'll have a really good chance in November since there aren't many people with the 22+ DAT requirement for the early board. I think it was something like less than ten people. So I'm pretty sure everyone got the scholarship. After the early boards are when things get really competitive.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year I had my application ready for October, but apparently they canceled it due to having a small number of applicants. So they moved the first board to November. This is all what my recruiter told me.

Unless the numbers change a lot from last year, you'll have a really good chance in November since there aren't many people with the 22+ DAT requirement for the early board. I think it was something like less than ten people. So I'm pretty sure everyone got the scholarship. After the early boards are when things get really competitive.
That'd definitely help me this year, but the chances of that happening again are slim. Really hope everything works out...