John431

2+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2014
Would it be too late to take October or November Mcat for this upcoming cycle? I have submitted my app for verification, but if I decide to take it then would I have to submit my ii before the pending mcat in november/ december or do I wait till I get my score then submit my ii? Any insight would be great. Thank you all

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Would it be too late to take October or November Mcat for this upcoming cycle? I have submitted my app for verification, but if I decide to take it then would I have to submit my ii before the pending mcat in november/ december or do I wait till I get my score then submit my ii? Any insight would be great. Thank you all

Oh! Haha so ii means interview invite not secondary, but it's ok because I thought the same thing!

Id say to submit your secondary if you have already said on your primary that you planning a retake!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

WalSlave

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2009
Also keep in mind that your MCAT score will take a month to even post. But anyway, this topic has been beat to death lately. General consensus from those involved in the admissions process: October is fine (on time), November is not ideal but still fine, December/January = you're going to make things very difficult on yourself.

About the Ads

John431

2+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2014
You learn something new everyday altered haha thank you! And ok awesome! Just wanted to make sure, I am still debating between the two dates. Assuming, I do the October/November mcat would it be best to wait to send out my supplement app or at least wait to submit my LOR until I receive my pending mcat score ?

WalSlave

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2009
You learn something new everyday altered haha thank you! And ok awesome! Just wanted to make sure, I am still debating between the two dates. Assuming, I do the October/November mcat would it be best to wait to send out my supplement app or at least wait to submit my LOR until I receive my pending mcat score ?

It depends on the school. Some schools will reject you outright before ever even sending out a secondary if your MCAT is too low, even if you're planning a retake. Some will put you on hold before you ever even get a secondary, and some will put you on hold after the secondary. And even then, some will reject you after you pay to submit your secondary, for too low of a MCAT. You just never know.

Have you already added and paid for your app to be sent to all schools you want to attend? I've found that the best thing to do is to add one school you don't care about just for the sake of verifying, then come October/November, simply update your MCAT score and send your app to all of your schools.

Also dumb question, are you retaking the MCAT or taking it for the first time? If you're retaking anything over a 24, I would think your chances of being put on hold would be pretty good pending a retake. JMHO.

John431

2+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2014
Thanks for your input. It's much appreciated! And I took the mcat once and didn't do so great. I already submitted my primary for verification, it's currently processing. I assume I wouldn't get pre-screened for secondary. But, if I get a secondary invite in mid-late September I don't know if I should wait till November 25 or December 9th ( mcat release dates) to submit it. If I do wait do they give me a deadline to submit my secondary and LOR? I don't know which direction to steer.

WalSlave

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2009
Thanks for your input. It's much appreciated! And I took the mcat once and didn't do so great. I already submitted my primary for verification, it's currently processing. I assume I wouldn't get pre-screened for secondary. But, if I get a secondary invite in mid-late September I don't know if I should wait till November 25 or December 9th ( mcat release dates) to submit it. If I do wait do they give me a deadline to submit my secondary and LOR? I don't know which direction to steer.

Most secondaries have deadlines. If you've already submitted to every school you wanted to apply to, you are better off filling out any secondaries that come your way and sending them out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads