October OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tyra

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to outline my study plan for the October OAT. I am very jealous of the fact that most on this forum (ahem, eyegirl, rpames, etc) have the grueling experience over, have been accepted to my 1st pick (ICO), and can now look forward to starting on their paths to becoming optometrists. So....help me feel better.... anyone else taking the October OAT???:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Haha!:laugh:

You are all ALONE!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!:D

* r_salis gives Tyra permission to b!tchslap rpames * :D
* ...although I'm sure rpames wants to b!tchslap me for making fun of his spelling on a post a long time ago... I was just cranky... please forgive me?... *

I'm done with the OAT, too (yay!), but I'm sure you'll find some company to share your OAT angst with on this forum. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though many of us are done, hehe, we will answer any questions we can...at least I will.

you arent alone!!! That makes two of us Tyra :D

-Tony

*after Tyra b!tchslaps rpames, she feels slightly better.....

Ok, rpames, hahaha. Allright highlyfanatic, what's our plan since we're all alone in the world right now??:confused:

rpames, eyegirl, rsalis--- was it really, hard? was it all that you thought it would be?

Tyra -- the worst part of it for me was waiting the 5 weeks (or whatever it was) to get my scores back. The exam itself wasn't that horrible, just long!

GRE-takers get immediate feedback on their scores at the end of their test-taking session. Who would have preferred that? I guess the OAT couldn't have been handled that way since they're scored based on the distribution of all test-takers in that session... but maybe they could have made the scores available on the web earlier... Just thinking out-loud, the waiting was a killer...

Tyra (call me Tony), i have no game plan as of yet. the idea is once my finals are over on the 22nd of april....im gonna be stuyding HARD for the OAT.

i think my undergrad has prepared me well. Im gonna buy all the OAT material too, but Im using the Kaplan MCAT stuff too cuz its in depth!

Hey Tyra or Tony --

Would either of you be interested in my OAT review book (It's the "Complete Preparation for the Optometry Admission Test" blue, black and orange soft-cover book)? It's the 2000 edition and has some scribblings in it, but I'll give it away if you'll pay the shipping charges. I'd rather pass it on to someone in this forum for good luck than sell or just throw it out!

Originally posted by r_salis
Hey Tyra or Tony --

Would either of you be interested in my OAT review book (It's the "Complete Preparation for the Optometry Admission Test" blue, black and orange soft-cover book)?

sure, unless tyra wants it real bad? otherwise, sounds good to me (you can PM me the details on how to send it if ya want) :cool:

No, Tony, you can have it. I actually ordered it last year and now have it. That shows how nervous I am-- I ordered prep materials last year for this October's OAT!!!! In addition to that and my books and notes from biology, chemistry and physics, I'm also going to use the Examkrackers series for the MCAT.

Tony -- I PM'd ya.

Tyra -- wow, you are prepared early! Definitely check out the Topscore Pro CD-ROM, too -- lots of great practice tests!

I might be taking the October OAT with you guys, even though I haven't decided whether I'm applying next year, or the year after that. So far I have cpw's OAT material to study with:clap:

hey took the oat last year. hadnt looked at the stuff for 10 years. studied for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks took the test. didnt feel too good about it (lol). didnt look at the marks until a friend made me and i did pretty good lol. dont be fooled by the example questions in the booklet they are much easier than the test. make sure to take practice tests (although i didnt so you can do well without doing it) but just to get used to the timing which is very tight especially the math section. :laugh: