Oculoplastics match 2009 (asoprs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NEIGUY

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals!,
I saw the last thread and it looked dead. so i decided to get another started with a more specific purpose in mind, To keep track of when interviews are going out. :confused:

I feel like ive been applying for like 6 months already!!
most programs are not inviting until jan-feb or later.

heres my contribution:

1. MD ANDERSON Is inviting already
2. Alabama (feb march per staff)
3. Baylor (early january per Dr Yen)
4. OHIO state (jan-feb??)
5. BPEI ??
6. UPENN ??
7. Cleveland Clinic??
8.Boston U ??
9. NYU Lisman??
10. UTAH??
11. SLU ??
12. UIC /putterman??
13.Colorado?
14. kreiger??
15 IOWA?
16. Wilmer?
17. Jules stein?
18. SF general /Seiff
19. kresge/ wayne state/ Dr Nesi
20. UT mem/Vanderbilt

please edit if you know about interviews going out etc.
see ya on the road!

:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

so far,

Dr. Putterman (UIC)
Dr. Esmaeli (MD Andersen)
Dr. Cahill (Ohio State)

Members don't see this ad :)
Excuse me for my ignorance.
Does this thread refer to fellowship spots to start in JULY 2010, or 2011?

I know you have to apply in 2009 for a spot in 2011, and I am a bit alarmed to hear that programs may already be inviting for the match for spots to start in 2011.

Also, does anyone have a list of non-ASOPRS programs? I've been scanning the web and having a hard time finding any info. I'm a first year, and still undecided, but feeling stressed about already losing the opportunity to go into a field that sounds interesting.

Excuse me for my ignorance.
Does this thread refer to fellowship spots to start in JULY 2010, or 2011?

I know you have to apply in 2009 for a spot in 2011, and I am a bit alarmed to hear that programs may already be inviting for the match for spots to start in 2011.

Also, does anyone have a list of non-ASOPRS programs? I've been scanning the web and having a hard time finding any info. I'm a first year, and still undecided, but feeling stressed about already losing the opportunity to go into a field that sounds interesting.

The current interviewees are looking at 2010 summer starts.

The few non-ASOPRS programs are usually affiliated with faculty at major academic departments and are selected either through the SF match along with the other fellowships or are not selected through any match (i.e., you apply privately, as if for a job.)

so far
dr cahill
dr esmaeli
dr anderson (utah)
dr perry Cleveland clinic
dr putterman

good luck guys and gals.
I think Dr yen will be inviting this week or next. :):scared:

so far,

cahill
esmaeli,
holds
cleveland clinic
putterman
nesi

Has anyone heard from Bascom, Vanderbilt or Iowa?

These are the programs that have offered interviews that I am aware of:
1. MD Anderson (UT Houston)
2. Vanderbilt/Memphis
3. Cleveland Clinic
4. Colorado
5. Utah
6. Ohio State
7. Illinois
8. Jules Stein, UCLA

I believe I heard NY, Wilmer and Nesi (MI) have invited, but not 100% sure. I don't know of anyone who has heard from BP, Iowa or Baylor.

When did you hear from Vanderbilt/Memphis? How did you hear (ie email, telephone or regular mail)?
yes Nesi and NY have sent out interviews too.

I heard from Nashville/Memphis on 1/12/09 via e-mail. It seems that e-mail is the preferred means of communication (good or bad messages:rolleyes:) for most places.

Yeah, Nesi was via mail all others have been email. Thanks!

These are the programs that have offered interviews that I am aware of:
1. MD Anderson (UT Houston)
2. Vanderbilt/Memphis
3. Cleveland Clinic
4. Colorado
5. Utah
6. Ohio State
7. Illinois
8. Jules Stein, UCLA

I believe I heard NY, Wilmer and Nesi (MI) have invited, but not 100% sure. I don't know of anyone who has heard from BP, Iowa or Baylor.

Confirmed that NY, Wilmer and Nesi have all sent out invitations. Also to add to the list, Boston University

Members don't see this ad :)
so far
dr cahill
dr esmaeli
dr anderson (utah)
dr perry Cleveland clinic
dr putterman

good luck guys and gals.
I think Dr yen will be inviting this week or next. :):scared:

Got phone call from Dr. Yen yesterday saying his secretary will be calling to schedule interviews soon

Bascom Yes. Others...no. Anyone hear from Iowa?

No news on Iowa. Sorry.
When did people start hearing from BP?

Just got email from Iowa tonight. Interestingly, Nerad is transferring to Cincinatti while Carter is staying at Iowa so the interview will be for 2 spots! BP sent out invitations sometime early-mid last week. As far as I've heard, UPenn is the only program left now that has yet to send out invites (but that may be incorrect) due to family issues with Dr. Gausas. Heard rumors that she may not take a fellow this year due to this, but I don't think that's true (at least an applicant from Penn told me he hadn't heard this to be true). Anybody have anything more to contribute about UPenn?? :confused:

i know this may not be the proper place for this post but seems to be where the people i wanted to contact are looking :D
... i recently matched into a program that only has 1 plastics doc who isn't really in the "academic realm" of things and i was wondering all all my shots at going for a plastics fellowship impossible now? or are there places that i can do research with even if it's not my program per se? any advice/help would be much appreciated! thanks!!

Has anyone heard from Scheie, SF, Alabama, or Krieger? Wondering if I missed the boat of them... :confused:

I have heard from Krieger, but not the rest... I may have missed the boat on the rest as well! :confused:

Good luck to those applying this year...I suspect the number of applicants will be much less this year, especially with the hard economy...cosmetics and non-insurance procedures are taking bit hits. Lots of good programs though in this years match. Take the rank lists seriously--you don't want buyer's remorse!!

i know this may not be the proper place for this post but seems to be where the people i wanted to contact are looking :D
... i recently matched into a program that only has 1 plastics doc who isn't really in the "academic realm" of things and i was wondering all all my shots at going for a plastics fellowship impossible now? or are there places that i can do research with even if it's not my program per se? any advice/help would be much appreciated! thanks!!

just do whatever you can and work with whoever you can. get your name out there with your attg and meet other people in your area if possible. it's the best you can do! good luck

congrats to everyone who matched! Anyone like me who didn't and trying to figure out what to do now?