Odd email from Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maxprime

Higgs chaser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rush email said:
Rush Medical College is interested in learning more about the types and extent of your connections to Rush University Medical Center (RUMC). Please help us by participating in a mini-survey that identifies the connections that apply in your case.

Here is a link to the survey:
*link*

We will need your response within two weeks from the date of this email notice.

Thanks for your participation!

Rush Medical College

Has anyone else gotten this?

Members don't see this ad.

yes I have. short, confidential according to the authors, survey.

I just got it. It's nice to see they haven't forgotten me. Hahaha I'll go fill it out now.

Edit: I just filled it out. I have no connections other than the application. I guess I'll be receiving a rejection from them soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got this email.... kind of weird. I don't really have any connections to the school, so I hope that doesn't affect my chances of getting an interview!

yeah I just received it too

I also got this email.... kind of weird. I don't really have any connections to the school, so I hope that doesn't affect my chances of getting an interview!

it shouldn't since your response is confidential

so, everyone got it? at least im not rejected from there...

yes I have. short, confidential according to the authors, survey.

Confidential? What do you mean by that exactly? I assumed that they were using the ties you have to Rush from this survey to help determine who should get an interview. I have no idea - just my guess. And yeah, I got it and just filled it out.

Confidential? What do you mean by that exactly? I assumed that they were using the ties you have to Rush from this survey to help determine who should get an interview. I have no idea - just my guess. And yeah, I got it and just filled it out.

No. If you read closely, they assure you that your responses to the survey are confidential. They simply want to see what portion of the applicants has connections to Rush. That seems to be all.

Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one - although it would be nice to be special in this process . . . just once. :)

just filled out this survey...was a volunteer there and loved it...haven't heard anything from them and complete since sept. 21st! arg. :)

I got it too. It's pretty vague. What other connections are you supposed to have? It's a private college, so state residency doesn't seem relevant. Are they asking if you work there or have family who do, or possibly went to school there?

My link appears to be broken in both IE and Firefox.

"Failed Collector

Could not find survey"

Ahhh, I was just beginning to miss the weird Rush emails. I love you Rush! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
They probably sent all the emails out at once and everyone tried to do the survey at the same time and crashed the server.:rolleyes:

For those of you who didn't ride the Rush rollercoaster last year (like I did), they sent out some pretty funny/weird emails by mistake. One of them had a subject line that read something like "Interview Invite" and then, once opened, merely stated "-1."

I'm not saying this survey was a mistake, but it is odd that the link is mysteriously broken now. I really do like Rush, though. They just do funny things sometimes.

Edit: Mine is working now. Thanks, Kthanksbye.

I said "no other connections," but is residency considered a connection? No, right? I'm assuming only if you know someone that works there, or volunteered there?

gotta love RUSH and their antics.

"We will need your response within two weeks from the date of this email notice."

So it's required?

I just filled it out, and since my only connection to Rush is my application money and my application, it's the fastest medical school related paperwork I've ever filled out.

Also, I love how they used a service called "SurveyMonkey" to create their survey.

No one is above monkeys. No one.:)

I just filled it out, and since my only connection to Rush is my application money and my application, it's the fastest medical school related paperwork I've ever filled out.

Also, I love how they used a service called "SurveyMonkey" to create their survey.

No one is above monkeys. No one.:)

Haha, I saw the "surveymonkey" insignia and was wondering if the email was authentic.

Received it, filled it out and sent it away

i got it but the link for me doesn't work hm....

and i want to fill it out b/c i have an interview w/ them next week :D

i would trust that when they say it's confidential.. that it is in fact confidential.

but the only way to know for sure is to compare the link address in everyone's email. without a place to put your name/identity on the actual survey, the only way for them to know who filled out each survey would be to send different links to each applicant. either way.. im sure it is confidential though.
I think the URLs are unique. If you try to click the link again once you've completed the survey, even after clearing your browser cache, you'll find that you cannot fill out the survey again.

Yeah I got the same survey today...and I've already interviewed there...i guess they just decided to ask every single applicant about this no matter where they are in the process...was kinda sad when i clicked the 'only connection is my med app' and the survey just ended....

it's pathetic and irresponsible, really, to send an email via the Rush Admissions Office to a bunch of neurotic premedical students starving for interviews. I'm seriously not bitter, and wasn't that surprised after opening it after the "-1" incident last year which was already aluded to above, but seriously, Rush, how important could this survey possibly have been that you had to have every applicant this year fill it out instead of, say, waiting til next year to put it on the supplementary.:idea:

I got one too and I withdrew from Rush over a week ago... so I really doubt it will have any effect on your application.

Yup, I got it, too. It scared me at first because I interviewed there 2 weeks ago. At first I couldn't open the link, but then I waited like 10 min. and it worked