Odd MCAT Scheduling Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geh926

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kind of a crazy question but:

Say I took the June 21st MCAT (will be my first time) and felt that it went really poorly and voided. Could I then register right away for the July 14th MCAT? (regular registration doesn't close until June 30).

I ask for 2 reasons:
1. I'm a couple weeks behind on my schedule (only about 40% through content review) and will only be able to fit in 3-4 practice tests compared to the 8 I have available to me.
2. At times, I have some pretty bad test anxiety, to the point where I feel like I need to leave the room. I feel like sitting once might help alleviate this for the next time?

However, if my first few practice tests were in my desired range and I didn't freak out on the first test day, I would just let that one be scored.

Is this possible? If so, what do you guys think? I've debated just rescheduling to the July 14th date but then I might freak out that time, will have a considerably later application compared to the first date, and will leave little room for retaking.

Sorry for the novel, thanks ahead of time :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you can sign up 48 hours after your exam.

though finding seats there is no guarantee you will get it for july 14th, since it's so close to the test date.

i say just do it, do your best to not freak out

Thanks for the input! Anybody else have an opinion? Money aside, it seems like a good idea to me.

Where are you taking the exam? Finding a seat on short-notice can be tricky in some regions and easier in others.

Where are you taking the exam? Finding a seat on short-notice can be tricky in some regions and easier in others.

Midwest. Right now, there are at least 3 test centers with seats available for each july mcat date. All of them are within a 90 minute drive (have to drive a bit regardless so will be getting hotel for the night before any time I test)