1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Odd Question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chewygummybear, Jul 28, 2006.

1. chewygummybear

chewygummybear Junior Member

Medical Student
    So how would you respond to the prompt, "What are your major life interests?" This is difficult for me since I have no idea of what specialty/area of medicine I would like to pursue and really have no plan for my life. Pursue academic research? Uh, dunno. Have a family? Not sure. Get involved in the community or participate in some charitable cause? Guess so. I am really stumped on this one. Any suggestions?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. amnesia

amnesia Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What is your passion for life? You'll need this to crack Harvard

4. starflower

starflower Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    How would you answer the question, "Why do you want to be a doctor?" You need to sit down and brainstorm a list of reasons. Think of all your personal motivating factors. Have you taken care of sick family members, witnessed death, had the desire to serve others, etc.? You are going to need to be able to answer this question before going to interviews.

5. DoctorPardi

DoctorPardi In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Your major life interests should include everything you're interested in, not just your possible specialty choice.

Think about how you envision your life being 20 years from now. Do you see yourself as a parent or married? Do you plan to be working ungodly hours or are you working minimal hours for a doctor?