# of Interviews and matching for ortho/OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmc12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
does having a higher number of interviews for OMFS and ortho mean they are more likely to match somewhere? What’s the highest number of interviews you have heard of that didn’t lead to a match?

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't matter if you've gotten 20 interviews but are socially awkward or generally unlikable, others just have poor luck come match day. I've heard of an OS resident who didn't match with nearly 14 interviews. While others have matched with a single interview.

Doesn't matter if you've gotten 20 interviews but are socially awkward or generally unlikable, others just have poor luck come match day. I've heard of an OS resident who didn't match with nearly 14 interviews. While others have matched with a single interview.

Personally know someone who didn't match with 10. Have heard of something like 14-15 mentioned above as well. Don't be a dick and you should match with 5-6.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're talking about someone who is just your average Joe (not socially awkward, interviews well) then of course the more interviews you have the more likely you are to match. There should be at least one school that you mesh well with among the many interviews...

Does the MATCH website have any statistics about what percentage of people with "__" number of interviews that match? I