# of OT schools now verses a few years ago?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastCoastHope

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading the postings about the bottom falling out of the pharmacist job market, I noticed comments on the pharmacy part of this site that the number of schools offering the degree has shot up, diluting the "rarity" of graduates.

I think someone quoted there were like 60 pharmacy schools in the early 2000 and now there are 100+.

Does anyone know what is happening with OT? Are we going down the same track?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The number of people who have lost insurance coverage and are cutting back on prescription medicines, has the job market for pharmacists as tight as it has been in more than three decades.

Last edited:
After reading the postings about the bottom falling out of the pharmacist job market, I noticed comments on the pharmacy part of this site that the number of schools offering the degree has shot up, diluting the "rarity" of graduates.

I think someone quoted there were like 60 pharmacy schools in the early 2000 and now there are 100+.

Does anyone know what is happening with OT? Are we going down the same track?

Thanks!

That was probably me. Well, I was shocked at the # of OT programs. It does make one wonder compared to the new reality of the pharmacy profession being over saturated. However, it may be an apples to oranges comparison. I've posted asking new grads about their job placement experiences. I'm trying to determine via anecdotal evidence what the job market for OT's is currently like. So far, no response.

I don't think many graduates post on the board the forum seems mostly good for trying to get into OT.