# of passages for each section.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On real CBT exam, are we going to be able to know how many passages for each sections are?
I heard for Physics and Bio section, # of passages is going to be 7-9, and for verbal it's going to be 6-7?(correct me if I'm wrong)
Timing is really critical factor for me(especially in verbal), so I would like to set a aside time for each passage (so for verbal, if there are 6 passages, I'll give 10min/passage, but if there are 7 passages, I'll give 8-9min/passage)
This was possible in paper-based exam, as I can just flip over to the last page and see how many passages there are, but is it also possible in real CBT? (as princeton CBT won't allow me to do this..)

Members don't see this ad.

There are seven passages per section; all of those ranges you've heard were based on guesses, but now we know the answers.

In the sciences, those seven passages are augmented with free-standing questions, usually thirteen per section.

Good luck.

Is it always going to be 7 passages for every section though? Like is there any official statement on AAMC website regarding this? Because on MCAT essentials, it says 7-9 passages for Phys/Bio section..