pharmer_tami

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 15, 2004
Status
just curious, has anyone heard of anyone having their offer of admission withdrawn after they have been accepted to pharmacy school? Does a W to a non prerequisite class warrant a withdrawal if you've only had one other W throughout your college career? If so, what were the reasons - (grades?,etc)

Thanks!

aubieRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
they would take it away if you didnt finish up your pre reqs prior to matriculation. that much i know. ;)

emogrrrrl

I like my freedom
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
www.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I have a friend whose acceptance was withdrawn because she failed a course she needed as a prereq. I also know of other people who have failed prereq courses who had already been accepted to a pharmacy school and had their acceptances withdrawn.

Apteka

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
Some schools provide an 'update form' for course updates that may have occurred since you applied last fall (for any course changes, etc...) as long as you're on the up & up with them and are honest about what you are taking and what you have decided NOT to take (like a W in a nonprereq class,) you should be fine. I almost decided to take a W in a microbio class (not a prereq for where i was going) but i stuck around anyway. It was certainly tempting though...

pharmer_tami said:
just curious, has anyone heard of anyone having their offer of admission withdrawn after they have been accepted to pharmacy school? Does a W to a non prerequisite class warrant a withdrawal if you've only had one other W throughout your college career? If so, what were the reasons - (grades?,etc)

Thanks!