? Official: 2003 Acceptances! ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ItsGavinC, Nov 29, 2002.

1. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Well, it is that time of the year and also that time of our lives! Let the games begin!

Let's make this a fun thread. We've all put in a lot of hard work and tons of effort, so this is the place to gloat and brag about our acceptances.

Let us know the schools you were accepted to, how you received notification, and any other pertinent information that will make for a good read!

Hopefully all of us (myself included!) will have something to post here shortly.

Congrats to those accepted D1s!

:D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    Well I got a email from Mark Lombard at Temple stating that the dean just signed my acceptance letter. I guess that is official enough, eh?

-Temple University School of Dentistry

4. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member

At the end of my NYU interview, my interviewer told me basically that I got in, but he told me to keep my mouth shut about it until I get the letter from the school.

5. tinker bell

tinker bell 1K Member

Juan, do you mind telling us the name of your interviewer? May be you had the same one that Yah-E had last year.
    T

6. KorgTuner

KorgTuner Junior Member

I got acceptances from NYU, Temple, and BU yesterday (Nov 29)

7. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Korg, A big CONGRATS to you.

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking. That was quick for ya. Which one of those schools willya pick?

DesiDentist

8. RSXer

RSXer :) UoMBCDSCo07 :)

I got letter froms NYU and BU on 11/29 as well! A pleasant surprise, since the letters came on my Birthday!

NYU: Sort of expected it since my interviewer also told me after my interview that I was basically in. I don''t remember his name, but he was an older fellow (doesn't practice dentistry anymore; probably around 60 years old)....whose office was right next to the food table for those of you who remember.

BU: THis was such a surprise since the interviewer said after my interview, "Well, <RSXer>, you just didn't impress me. You didn't make the cut. I'll give you 1 minute now to convince me otherwise." :eek: :eek: :eek: Ugh!!! After that, I was a lil shaken and didn't focus as much as I wanted to on the rest of my interview day. But I still got in! woohoo.

9. Brand

Brand Senior Member

I got a thin 1 page letter from the University of Detroit today. Its not my first choice, but I'm sooooo relieved. Looks like I'm actually gonna be a dentist. Phewwww!

10. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

NYU sent them out already? Darn, kinda makes me worry: I'm only three zipcodes away and I haven't received them. Hopefully today or Monday.

RSXer, you had Dr. Wesselman (something like that). Older guy who is very social and loud at times but real cool.

11. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member

Some you west coast folks can expect to get your acceptance letters from the east coast schools up to a week later than your fellow east coast acceptees. Snail mail works in mysterious ways (especially east to west) so don't panic.

12. Chipper

Chipper Member

hey all, i'm new to this thread and i've been reading messages from time to time. i just received my acceptance from NYU today. Congrats to everyone who got their letters already!

13. adam11

adam11 Member

Anyone hear anything from Temple in the mail today?

14. DesiDentist

Dentist
    Yay, I got an acceptance from NOVA Southeastern today via certified mail just 10 minutes ago.

Now waiting for Temple and UPENN.

Anyone hear from UPENN yet?

DesiDentist

15. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

California?
    When did you all interview?

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

Let me correct my post. When did those got accepted to NYU interview? Maybe that's why I haven't heard anything from NYU, I interviewed Oct. 31 and I live about 1 mile from the campus.
    I think S.Mutans interviewed about 3 days before me, so I'll use him as an indicator.

18. adam11

adam11 Member

Interviewed at Temple on 11/21. Mark told us that we would be part of the first round acceptances.

19. erinb03

erinb03 Member

Hey Guys,

I got my VCU letter today...

Anybody get UPENN, UNC, or WVU? How about Columbia?

:eek:

20. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

Somebody got an email from Temple saying that they got accepted.

21. DesiDentist

Dentist
    That was me!! However, this wasn't an official email that everyone gets. I casually emailed Mark and he told me the first round of acceptances will go out Nov. 27 and the dean just signed my letter.

DesiDentist

22. Chipper

Chipper Member

i had my interview with nyu on nov 20th and got my acceptance letter today (nov 30) pretty fast huh?

23. FutureNSXDent

FutureNSXDent Senior Member

hey chipper, who did you interview with at NYU? also, are you the one from UCLA? I also interviewed on the 20th of Nov! Did your interviewer show/tell you any sign that you were getting accepted at the interview or after?

NSXDent

24. scist2

scist2 Junior Member

I got a letter of acceptance from Temple University on Fri 11/29. I am glad to hear early, because it eases the stress of waiting to hear from dental schools while studying for finals. I also checked the SUNY Buffalo online status website and found I was accepted there too. Now hopefully I will hear from Pitt, Penn, and CWRU this coming week.

Good luck everyone

Steve

25. bres

bres Member

Today, recieved a letter of acceptance from NYU (interviewed on Oct/28th) and Temple (on Nov/13th).

Congratulations to those who got in and will hear it soon.

26. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

Well Congrats to all those who have been accepted...I envy all those who have the NYU acceptance under their belt. I wonder if the NYers will get their letters sent on Monday so that we will get them on Tuesday or so. I'm just trying to figure out the psychology behind the mailings.

I wonder, though an embarrassing question, if anyone has received a rejection letter in the past 48 hours. Anyone willing to say that they did? I received two (Tufts and Maryland) but this was more than three weeks ago.

27. bres

bres Member

As far as I know, University of maryland doesn't send out rejection till Christmas. Don't know why though.

Wonder it's same for all other schools.

And PashaJ... don't worry.. you will recieve good news soon.

28. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay

I interviewed at NYU on November 25. Received acceptance letter today (11/29/02). Sheesh, 4 days....I'm impressed!

29. Rhea

Rhea New York University '07

Arby, who did you interview with at NYU?

I am getting nervous now because some californians are already hearing from NYU. Hopefully I will get the acceptance letter from NYU on Monday.

Are there any californians from the Bay Area who have heard from NYU?

30. Chipper

Chipper Member

hi futurensxdent, no..i'm the one from UCI =) i interviewed with Dr. Huberman and he didn't give me any indication whatsoever that I was accepted. The whole time, I had the impression that it wasn't going well because he didn't really ask me many questions..what about you? i don't think i talked to you that day? did you hear anything from nyu?

31. Brand

Brand Senior Member

I just checked Web Tools for SUNY Buffalo and I am now classified as an "alternate". This was VERY disappointing because out of my 5 interviews I thought this one was my best. Oh well, one acceptance and one altenate isn't too bad.

32. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

Thanks Bres for the encouraging words. I just wonder because a lot of the Californians who interviewed at NYU got their acceptances but no one, as far as I know, from the east coast. Maybe they're sent during the following week because they know that we'll get them sooner. My estimate is that the letters were sent on Wednesday. No letters have been sent since then because I highly doubt anyone would be around the day after Thanksgiving, normally an off day also and well today was a Saturday. I could be wrong.
    In regards to Maryland, I got my rejection letter maybe the first week of November. I wasn't the first though, I read somewhere on the board that some others have received word from Maryland.

Once again good luck to everyone.

33. agutier3

agutier3 The City By the Bay

Hi Rhea-

I interviewed with a Dr. Wasserman (something to that effect). A very intense, animated, and candid older gentleman, who quizzes you during the interview. Definately my most stressful.....but a nice guy to say the least. At the very end, he basically let me know that he gave me a favorable review. So I was pretty confident when I left NYU. It seems that others who interviewed with him had a similar experience.

I'm sure your letter will soon be in the mail....best of luck!

34. bres

bres Member

PashaJ....
    I am from east coast.
    But, again don't worry too much. Mailing system could be different in every school ..such as in the order of batch number, location, etc.

Regarding University of maryland, I meant they don't send out rejection to students who got an interview, till Christmas. So if you had the interview at the school, you don't get rejected till Christmas.

35. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant.
    Anyone had Dr. Castracane as an interviewer?

36. kaelkastro

kaelkastro Member

Its party time! Got into UMKC and UCONN so far. Still waiting on NYU and University of IOWA.

37. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

KaelKastro,
    When did you interview at NYU?

38. FutureNSXDent

hey chipper,

I interviewed with Amy Knowles. She is so nice and always saying yes and nodding to everything i said during the interview, even times when i pause, it makes me suspicious whether or not she is genuine or not.

BU acceptance (11/30) Oh yeah!!! Let the game begin!!!

NSXDent

39. rimpy823

rimpy823 Junior Member

To Agutier3:
    What were you quizzed at when at the NYU interview???

40. kaelkastro

kaelkastro Member

I interviewed at NYU on October 25 th

41. Chipper

Chipper Member

Nsxdent,

congrats on BU! i haven't heard from BU yet, I'm gonna start bugging them tomorrow =) i'm sure you'll be hearing from nyu soon, I've heard a lot of really nice things about Amy. I would have thought for sure that she'd drop you some hints about your interview, but apparently, none of them did that day (from what the other interviewees told me). Good luck!

Ch

42. jtremend

jtremend Member

he is probably too modest to post this, but dentalstu02 called me up crying to tell me he received an acceptance to boston u. he was so choked up, he could barely pronounce "university." congrats dentalstu02, you have earned it.

43. FutureNSXDent

chip,

congrads on ur NYU acceptance as well. Seems like most people are this network are getting accepted at NYU. Has anyone gotten rejected? Also, has anyone heard of any acceptance from any of the cali schools?

NSXDent

44. EAK27

EAK27 Member

I got two acceptance letters on friday for NYU and Temple, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

45. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

NSXDent,
    Ms. Knowles is genuinely like that. I had my interview on Halloween and she was wearing a sweater with pumpkins on it, orange socks with black shoes and glitter nail polish. She's naturally a very giddy person, a female Ned Flanders. I also have a close friend who works in the office with her and she says Ms. Knowles is always like that.

46. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member

Congrats EAK. Did it come by normal mail or certified.

47. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member

Actually, I forgot to ask: Who signs the acceptance letter? Is it Ms. Knowles again? I remember she signed the invitation for interview.

48. leafhound16

leafhound16 brace faced

wow, Univ. of FL sure does know how to give a good wake up call. A call of acceptance at *6 a.m.* in the morning!! Now I'm completely wired and awake, even though I usually sleep till 9 or 10 a.m. at least! :laugh: Good luck guys, it's December 2nd - this is it!!!

49. vixen

vixen I like members

wow....what a great way to wake up! congrats :clap:

50. smile_doctor

smile_doctor Senior Member

I received an email this morning announcing my acceptance at University of Maryland!!!

Thank you God!!!:clap: :clap:

51. jam21

jam21 Member

i just received an acceptance email from Tufts! I'm so happy :)
    I also got accepted to NYU (it was funny because the the letter was dated december 2nd ).
    good luck to you all~~

52. FutureNSXDent

I received an email this morning from Katherine Wasilenko stating that I got accepted to Tuft. Mails will come in a few days!!

NSXDent