OFFICIAL: 2003 Duke countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man, I wish I could just go pick mine up ... I have to walk right by the admissions office to volunteer ... Time for a new route, maybe?

Members don't see this ad.

Yikes, well at least it's kind of good to hear that they're not calling. I was anticipating a call all day. Guess I'll just have to wait till Wednesday or so when the letter gets here.

Originally posted by VienneseWaltz
Man, I wish I could just go pick mine up ... I have to walk right by the admissions office to volunteer ... Time for a new route, maybe?

Yeah it's a short walk for me too. I guess we'll just have to learn some patience. Besides I interviewed pretty late and have litlle chance of getting in so I probally shouldn't hold my breath cause if I hear it won't be this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing in the mail today. (I live in Durham.)

those of you whom interviewed late (like me, who interviewed last friday, 28th of feb)

the committee won't be meeting on our stuff 'til later than originally anticipated.

At my interview, they said the "second round" picks would find out by "march 12th"... but since then, i know a student on the admissions committee, who informed me that changed... they're backed up.

Overall, if you're not in the first round, expecdt to wait a few weeks

kreno

Hey,

I can't wait to hear!!!!!

I just checked the "my history" page on the duke site and it now says "March 3 - application process complete"

Does everyone have this. I interviewed fairly late and thought that I wouldn't be in the first batch. Any one else???

Originally posted by whatsupdoc
Hey,

I can't wait to hear!!!!!

I just checked the "my history" page on the duke site and it now says "March 3 - application process complete"

Does everyone have this. I interviewed fairly late and thought that I wouldn't be in the first batch. Any one else???

I interviewed 10/14 and got the same thing 10/25. I think it means your interviewers have turned in their reports--that is, they don't need anything else to make decisions. Whatever it means, I wouldn't read into it ...

I'm anxious, too. Good luck!

vw, are you on campus or off? If you are on campus, I know the mail is slower so that would mean a delay. If you're off campus and didn't get it then that means I probably have a couple days before I get in in jersey. thanks in advance.

ccCrazie--

I am off-campus. I was surprised--I thought I would get it today. We got our mail unusually early today, so perhaps the letter just missed being in today's mail ... argggh ...

Nothing in the mail in jersey today. sigh...... Guess I'll have to go into work late again tomorrow so I can stalk the mailman again... Let us know if you hear today VW.

I just called the admissions office and they said that everyone should here by the middle of the month. However, when I asked "when do the first batch of decisions go out?"...she replied, " we cannot comment on that, all people should here by the middle of the month"..............what is going on???? errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...more waiting???

Everyone waiting on Duke, please post your MCAT/GPA scores

Members don't see this ad :)
action jackson...what are ur stats?

Stats are dumb.

I know that all of you that have made it this far are extremely well-qualified for having gotten this far. I personally have a 4.00 GPA and a 35T MCAT. I just wanted to see what others had who were also interviewed at Duke.

jesus christ actionjackson... i wish i was you!

i'm a white male... 33s, 3.84 from a ****ty undergrad - interview went bad.... i'm basically praying at this point :(

well, preying actually... ;)

Originally posted by ActionJackson1
Everyone waiting on Duke, please post your MCAT/GPA scores

:rolleyes:

Anyone in Durham hear anything today? Or are you all out celebrating?

so what's the deal with duke? did they send letters out yet or did they not? it is two batches or just one? are they calling or not, and if so when? i'm way confused. :confused:

Originally posted by ccCrazie
Anyone in Durham hear anything today? Or are you all out celebrating?

Nope ... no word ... That postman better not be eating my mail again ...

:p

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! where aaaaaaaaaaare you?????? I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DOOOOOOOOOK!!!!

I simply CANNNNNNNNNOT wait to hear from them!! :( :( :(

anyone who finds out ANYTHING whom interviewed in the second round... (i.e. late) post AS *SOOOOON* as you find out! thanks! :)

kreno

what counts as second round? I interviewed in early January.

I could be wrong... because this is a total GUESS... but I think that the only people not in the first round of mailouts are those who interviewed in Febuary.

Maybe some of us will hear today!!

Once again nothing in the mail. I called the admissions office this morning and they would not confirm that anything was mailed monday. They just said everyone should hear by the middle of the month. I'm starting to think nothing was mailed out monday.... The wait continues.........

I just got my letter from Duke today!!!!

It's postmarked in Durham on March 4 (I'm in Va.).

The letter doesn't leave much to the imagination - it's a thick yellow manila envelope addressed to "(the future) Dr." secretstang19.

Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting - it won't be long!

(By the way, my interview was in October)

It did take 5 days for a letter from UNC to travel 3 miles to my apartment, so maybe Durham mail is slow, which would affect everyone, but ccCrazie, I'm starting to agree with you. I'm beginning to doubt anything was sent Monday.

:rolleyes:

I stand corrected. Congratulations, secretstang19!

:clap: :clap: congrats secretstang!!! hopefully some of us will be lucky enough to join you!

Congrats SecretStang. I'm so jealous right now. Hopefully I'll get some good news tomorrow. So is duke your first choice or are you still considering other schools?

Congrats to all hearing the good news! - duke is the bomb!!

this may have been addressed already but I was wondering - since accepts/waitlists aren;t notified online - but rejections are (or have been so far,) ...
does that meanthat if you don't see a rejection on your online account page, then you are either waitlisted or accepted?

Here's one of my fave drinks to make for those of u wanting to celebrate:

The Blue Devil
1 oz Gin
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 tblsp Maraschino liqueur
1/2 tsp Blue Curacao

shake with ice - strain into cocktail glass

got the official packet in rochester today - interviewed early november i think

got the official packet that you got in? congrats if so!!!

congrats to those who have gotten in so far! :clap:

i interviewed in feb so i'm not expecting to hear anything til maybe next week. BUT, if anyone who interviewed in feb gets something in the mail, PLEASE POST! thanks.

Nothing yet in Durham ... this is so pathetic! I interviewed in mid-Oct, so I ought to be in this batch ...

Anyway, congrats, Habari! :)

I haven't gotten anything either... I hope that's not a bad sign. :\

Originally posted by relatively prime

That thought has crossed my mind, too ... :(

Anyone else find it strange that of all the people on SDN who applied to duke, only 2 heard anything? You guys aren't pulling our collective leg are you?

I just got a call saying I got in. I am pretty darn excited. The lady said you probably already got your packet (I hadn't), but I wanted to congratulate you and invite you to the second look weekend April 4-6.

It was totally unexpected, since no one has reported a call. But it may have been different because I was a regional interview.

Congrats to those that have heard and best of luck to the others.

Regards,
Z

I just got home and the envelope was in the mail!! I'm in! Hooray for Duke!
Time to start a Hopkins or Duke thread.

Congrats to those that got in, and good luck to everyone!!

P.S. I had a regional interview too, but I didn't get a phone call. I guess Zonata is just extra-special!

Nothing in the mail yet, but I got the call today :) :) :) :) :)
Good luck to everyone reading this thread!

So I guess if the rest of us who interviewed early don't hear by tomorrow we can assume the worst...?

unfortunately :/ I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Good luck guys.:rolleyes: :)

Got the phone call @ 8PM from a Mizz Terry Jackson. That sweet sweet nymph.

Hope that Helps.

P 'Gimme some Brown Sugah Baby' ShankOut

I got in!!! Holy crap dude, I am a Feb interviewer too (Feb 3rd). Total surprise after a less than subpar interview on my part. Good luck everyone! :)

Wow! That's aweseome! Congrats! That gives hope to the rest of us !! :) :clap:

did any of you see a status change on the website?

Just checked the status page...and it is still blank with no new changes. Looks like it's snail mail (which I got) or the phone. How do they decide who gets called? I guess I'm just not one of the cool ones.

And oh yeah, I'm in New Jersey if anyone is wondering.