OFFICIAL: 2003 Waitlist Movement Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xaelia

neenlet
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's getting to be that time of year again, and it's time to break out the waitlist movement thread. They started last year's thread about this time; I noted we had a Columbia acceptance off the waitlist in the other thread a few weeks ago, and there was a GW acceptance off the waitlist back in January on mda.com, so I'll start it off with those.

Reference: 2002 Waitlist Movement Thread
Format: School Name: month/day

Columbia University: 3/28
George Washington: ~1/10

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by xaelia
It's getting to be that time of year again, and it's time to break out the waitlist movement thread. They started last year's thread about this time; I noted we had a Columbia acceptance off the waitlist in the other thread a few weeks ago, and there was a GW acceptance off the waitlist back in January on mda.com, so I'll start it off with those.

lol! :laugh: looks like me and u started the exact same thread at 4:30pm easter time. since i didn't have any dates on mine while u got two dates on yours, i'll give u the benefit of the left mouse click. ;)

I know I'm not the only one pulled from Jeff's list this year....anyone else??

Jefferson: 3/18

Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't these dates early for pulls off the waitlist?

Adding EVMS to the list - got the acceptance yesterday...MY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Columbia University: 3/28, 4/7, 4/15
EVMS: 4/15

Congrats GOREDSOX!! If you dont me asking which third were you in on the WL??

Spin

wow! goredsox! that's great! just what I am waiting for! i am supposedly in the top third. are yout out of state? Are you going to take that spot? Congrats!

hey goredsox, did evms sen you a letter in snail mail, email or did they call you?

Thanks e-spin and MSV! I was on the top 1/3rd and I'm in-state. But if you're out-of-state don't worry - they'll probably admit a few more out-of-staters this year to help with the VA budget cuts (since they're not raising tuition like UVA). Also, the acceptance was dated 4/9 and sent by snail mail. It's certified mail so someone has to sign for it. If nobody's home to sign for it, they'll leave a notice in your mailbox to pick it up at the post office, which is what I did.

I think this is good news for all EVMS waitlisters - that the waitlist is moving this early. So good luck guys - and maybe I'll see you next year!

Go Red Sox!!

Also, for the EVMS waitlisters...I got an invite to the second-look weekend (apparently given to the people in the top 1/3rd) and I did not go. I only sent one update letter (about 2-3 weeks ago) since being waitlisted (in early November) with update contact information, a statement of continued interest (not a letter of intent), and summary of my recent activity (working with Salvation Army health clinic 4 hrs/week, second-author publication in Pathology research, and I received the Army health professional scholarship). Good luck spin and MSV, I'll be waiting to hear of your acceptances!

And here's the update so we can keep this thread alive...

Thanks for the heads up goredsox...maybe they'll make it thru to the middle tier :(
Anyway, many, many congratulations!!! you are gonna be a doctor!!! Woo-hooo:clap: :clap:

-Spin:D

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks Kurtz!! Nope still waitlisted all over the place, but i am happy to hear of fellow WLers who get the call!!!
C'mon waitlist, MOVE!!!!!
Spin:D

okay, goredsox, you had me scared there for a moment. i am in the top third and i didn't get an invite to preview. so i was scared that i had dropped down or something but i called and i haven't. oh and i am in state. i am so sick of this waiting! :(

MSV - sorry to scare you! I don't think the invite to 2nd look really matters - I only meant to say that not going to the 2nd look shouldn't impact your chances cuz it didn't in my case. There's so much speculation as to what matters now - jumping through hoops and writing letters and such. I tend to think all that doesn't matter much. I think if you show genuine interest in a school with one letter and send a little update information they know you're still interested. The rest is out of our hands. I know it's hard but be patient, the waitlist season has hardly begun. And spin - EVMS generally has a lot of waitlist movement (more than most) so hang in there. Like I said - the waitlist is already moving so that is a GREAT sign!

There can't be just 4 schools on here???!!!!:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by SolidGold

Dude, chill... it's not even May yet. :)

I am so sick of waiting! I envison calling mid june and them telling me that they're sorry but there wasn't as much waitlist movement as they expceted.... sigh.. oh well.
still waiting in VA

Originally posted by SolidGold

Gtown's highly select pool has started moving as well but don't know the specific dates.

Updating the list for Georgetown

Georgetown: 4/21

gored sox, did you get into gtown? congrats! so, are you going to give up your spot at evms?;)

hey msv! i wish i got into georgetown! I was just updating the list for lola - she said the highly select pool was already moving. I put today's date for that because we weren't sure when it started moving. I'm still waiting to hear from Boston, Rochester, and UVA waitlists and NYMC post-interview. If Boston would accept me I'd definitely go there over EVMS, but we'll see what happens. I'll definitely let you know if that happens...good luck hearing back - there's PLENTY of time for that! I'm looking out for ya...

-goredsox

adding drexel
Drexel: 4/1

Fixing/adding Drexel for Alexo1

UT-Houston: 3/23, 4/8

Woohoo. Two of my WL are moving!!! So there IS hope!

Spin:D :D

As of 4/22 seven alternates had received offers on the University of Washington list....

U. Washington: 4/22+

As of 4/21, 6 people had been taken off the University of Arizona Waitlist

U. Arizona: 4/21

An acceptance to Albany Med dispensed last week....

Albany: 4/18
Columbia: 3/28, 4/7, 4/15
George Washington: 1/10
U. Arizona: 4/21+

I talked to Wayne St. admissions office yesterday and they said they would be dipping into their "priority alternate list" on May 21st and to call them on that date to check app. status.

Thumbs up for that.

Got into EVMS end of last month...I was top-third, out-of-state, if that helps anyone. (sure makes it hard to study though!)

EVMS: 3/27, 4/15
U. Washington: 4/22+ [/B][/QUOTE]

that's great ktelle! I'm still wiating- in state top third. hopefully we'll be classmates!

Did you want to include acceptances off of hold lists? I got an acceptance from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities yesterday. I was on their "waitlist" but it was more like a hold pool, i.e. not their final alternate list.

Hm...sure, I think most folks are interested hearing about any schools that are offering acceptances following a post-interview hold/waiting/alternate list.

U. Minnesota-Twin Cities: 4/24

An MD/PhD waitlist acceptance to Mayo reported on mda.com today.

Mayo: 4/28

Just adding U of I movement

An MD/PhD waitlist acceptance to Mayo reported on mda.com today.

U. Illinois: 4/26

Another Georgetown Highly Select no longer merely Highly Select.

Georgetown: 4/21, 4/28

LOL, this has nothing to do with the thread, but i just saw xaelia's new avatar, and, uh, beautiful. No more confusing whether you're a guy or a girl. nicely done x. :laugh:

Yeah, I think the blue color is a dead giveaway.:laugh:

Do most schools call you or send you a ltter to tell you if you have been accepted off the waitlist?

From what I've heard, If you get pulled off early you could get a letter/email, but as it gets late, they're definitely gonna call.

Got a call today from one of the Deans.

UNC-Chapel HIll: 4/30
U. Washington: 4/22+ [/B][/QUOTE]

hey guys, i called evsm this morning and they said that their witlist just started morning. i also caleld mcv and they said that 26 offers went out last friday. they also said that people are withdrawing from there daily but only the adcom knows when the next round of offers go out.

Does anyone know how big the waitlist pool for Mount Sinai is and what percentage usually gets in?

looks like xaelia and patriciang have nearly the same avatars. :D looks like the females on this board have the same taste. ;)

Sometimes I wonder how much these early waitlist acceptances really mean as an indication of waitlist movement. What I mean is that we really want to know whether a school is filling up vacancies created by other people withdrawing acceptances. For instance, there is an Albany accept (congrats to whomever that is :) ) from 4/18. However, the AMC admissions people say that the waitlist hasn't even been compiled yet (not till late May at least). Ugg...I'm so glad I have the time to sit and ponder these meaningless issues while I wait.

Saw this on the Wake Forest thread and thought I would add it here.