OFFICIAL 2005: Countdown Yale Waitlist!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiggaman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I'd start a thread for those who are waitlisted at Yale. Tomorrow (May 5th) is the first day that you can call in to find out where you are on the list..

P.S. I didnt even apply to Yale, but the thread is for my girlfriend and all you other yale hopefuls. good luck

Members don't see this ad.

jiggaman said:
Hey guys, I thought I'd start a thread for those who are waitlisted at Yale. Tomorrow (May 5th) is the first day that you can call in to find out where you are on the list..

P.S. I didnt even apply to Yale, but the thread is for my girlfriend and all you other yale hopefuls. good luck

I'll get on this. I have personally given a couple calls to the waitlist number but with no success. This is the ultimate bottleneck.

my first post! I called in today to find out my tier and I am in group 2. What that means...a LOT more waiting. How's it going for everyone else? Congrats to all in group 1!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,

my yale email is at work can someone post or PM me the times to call today and the number please. thanks

I called in today, after waiting for 30 minutes on hold I found out that I am in group 3 :( and apparently there are 300 people on the waitlist. The lady said that in most years they get through group 1 and in some cases group 2.

I tried all morning as well. When I finally got past the recording at 11 am, I was told the hold time for Patricia was too long, try back next week.

Anyone who did get through, what sort of info was provided besides your group #? Does anyone know the # of "waiters" in each group?

Supposedly there are 300 people on the waitlist! I asked Patricia how many people were in each group and if they were divided equally. All she said was that group 2 was the largest group. Has anyone else heard about group numbers?

d'oh!

forgot to call today. guess i've got to wait until next tuesday... :rolleyes:

I got through this morning. I'm in tier 2. Does anyone, who has read last years waitlist thread, recall if any tier twos got in?

I think I have the number breakdown for the tiers written down somewhere. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Hi all!

I just got in off the waitlist and I will be accepting at Yale! (I was on the High Waitlist initially on Tier 1).

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats all over, diablito!

Did you find out this morning from calling them about your position? What were your other choices? mdapplicants profile? if not, wanna give a brief profile/application process rundown for us?

Thanks! and Congrats!

Congrats. I hope I can be one of the lucky ones too :)

diablito said:
Hi all!

I just got in off the waitlist and I will be accepting at Yale! (I was on the High Waitlist initially on Tier 1).

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
how the hell did you guys get through to them?!? i've been calling in this morning like a guy calling a radio station to get free aerosmith tickets! is this even possible? :confused:

superdevil said:
how the hell did you guys get through to them?!? i've been calling in this morning like a guy calling a radio station to get free aerosmith tickets! is this even possible? :confused:

i don't know what is going on... I called on thursday and got through on my first try at like 9:45am... they even called me back, but I was in class and couldn't pick up to find my tier :mad:

Today i've been calling since 9:05 like every 2 mins and its impossible!

i have a theory... they're not taking any calls today. They just put the answering machine on and are drinking in their offices. :smuggrin:

Just got off the phone about 10min ago after being on hold for around 20min... I don't see New Haven being in my future.

chumpana said:
i don't know what is going on... I called on thursday and got through on my first try at like 9:45am... they even called me back, but I was in class and couldn't pick up to find my tier :mad:

Today i've been calling since 9:05 like every 2 mins and its impossible!

i have a theory... they're not taking any calls today. They just put the answering machine on and are drinking in their offices. :smuggrin:

jjmack said:
Just got off the phone about 10min ago after being on hold for around 20min... I don't see New Haven being in my future.

you've still got 12 mins... maybe they'll call you back?

i don't know how many times i hit "redial" on the ol' phone today, but it was a ton. twice, i was graced by the heavenly sound of actual RINGING before the busy message kicked me in the balls.

i hate to sound petty, but things like this make me wonder exactly why i want to go to yale. maybe that's the point of this whole ordeal...

well, i got through today. the admissions staff was very friendly, but understandably busy. anyway, i'm buried down in group 3 of the waitlist, so i withdrew my application. such is life.

maybe i'll try back for residency...

good luck everyone!

hey guys...finally my gf got through to them today..and she's on tier 2. looks like she's got more waiting..good luck to everyone :luck: :luck: :luck:

Yesterday (5/16) I got an email saying to call the admissions office. I called about 2 minutes later and got in off the waitlist (Group 1)!! Good luck in this wait and I hope to see you at Yale!!

I think it's about time in the season to shut this theard down. I don't expect much more movement at all. It seems like all waitlists aren't moving very much at all this year.