Official 2012-2013 Nephrology fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm applying this year.

Let's get through this process helping each other the best we can!

No interview invites yet. Submitted application 3 days ago. Getting jittery now. Does anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
No interview invites yet. Submitted application 3 days ago. Getting jittery now. Does anyone heard anything yet?

Nothing yet. I just sent out my application a few days ago as well.

Thanks for replying. I thought the thread was dead. Got an invite to Ohio State. Do let me know how u are doing, ( I m sure u will do great) Cheerios!

Hi,
I know everybody is jittery and on the edge.But I guess all of us can use a chill pill.
Lets take our turn to briefly introduce ourselves.

I'll start.FMG step 1 high 90s , step 2/3 high 80s. moderate research - couple of publications and few posters.
Still working on my PS. Guess I will be done by this weekend and start applying.
please post your IVs and IV experiences.

cheers!!:cool:

first IV : Medical college of Wisconsin:luck:

Hi guys, I just send out my application this Friday ~~~ good luck for us all !!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! Does anyone know how long the interviews will go for? I know I m jumping ahead but it's really difficult to plan given how different the timeline is this application cycle.

hey guys, finished resid at mayo arizona, 1 publication with few posters, just got first interview today at standford, submitted this past friday. Good luck guys!

hey guys, finished resid at mayo arizona, 1 publication with few posters, just got first interview today at standford, submitted this past friday. Good luck guys!

congratulations:luck:

Got 2 today from Kaiser Permanente and Loyola

Last edited:
Hey guys, does anyone know if Cleveland clinic gives accommodation when you interview with them?

Hope today is a good day for everyone.
Good luck:)

Hi guys, do the west coast programs such as UCSF, UCLA, Stanford, U Wash take peeps from the east coast? Is there a whole lot coastal preference/bias when it comes to fellowship interviews? Anyone know?

Hi guys, do the west coast programs such as UCSF, UCLA, Stanford, U Wash take peeps from the east coast? Is there a whole lot coastal preference/bias when it comes to fellowship interviews? Anyone know?

Thats a good question, i'm in arizona and i've gotten interviews at stanford and ucsf so far, havent heard anything from the east coast places yet, so maybe it works vice versa as well? Sorry couldnt be more helpful, but i'd like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

No, I don't think so.

my colleagues heard from programs from Ohio, Virginia and New Jersey... dont know which one though ~~~ I didn't get any yet sigh!!!

very slow days..this week...nervous and excited at the same time!!

1 rejection from mt sinai, 1 invite from Baylor:luck:

Is there an application deadline for Nephro programs?

Guys.. do we need an MSPE to apply for fellowship?

I find it hard to believe that a fellowship program would want to know what my performance was as a medical student if I have a residency program director who is able to give them a more recent and certainly more relevant assessment of my performance.

Thats a good question, i'm in arizona and i've gotten interviews at stanford and ucsf so far, havent heard anything from the east coast places yet, so maybe it works vice versa as well? Sorry couldnt be more helpful, but i'd like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Thanks msmsharad and Vtach. I still haven't heard from the west coast (and I am on the east) which makes me wonder. Well I hope they stop discriminating based on location when the applicants show interest in flying all over!!:oops:

1 rejection from tuft, 1 iv from U Wisconsin

It would be awesome we compile a list of the top 10-15 Nephrology programs with the help of senior members/attendings like the PCCM group..

S/P 3 weeks of applying. Cleveland clinic, UAMS, Med Colg of wisconsin, UVA, Mayo MN, Thomas Jefferson, Brown, and Yale. Starting interviews soon, good luck everyone!!

About 3 weeks in, interviews at ucsf, stanford, u of a and miami, just got my program director letter in yesterday, so hopefully start hearing from the east coast places, seems like that its a requirement for alot of them. Thanks guys.

About 3 weeks in, interviews at ucsf, stanford, u of a and miami, just got my program director letter in yesterday, so hopefully start hearing from the east coast places, seems like that its a requirement for alot of them. Thanks guys.

impressive..co:)ngratz

S/P 3 weeks of applying. Cleveland clinic, UAMS, Med Colg of wisconsin, UVA, Mayo MN, Thomas Jefferson, Brown, and Yale. Starting interviews soon, good luck everyone!!
wow..congratz. You must have had an amazing CV:)

Hello, any body can give me input about VCU nephrology fellowship

Thanx