Official 2013-2014 GI fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything from their matched program other than a welcome email?
When do we expect to get emails regarding documents, papers, state license....etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything from their matched program other than a welcome email?
When do we expect to get emails regarding documents, papers, state license....etc?

Im sure they are just trying to find a way to replace you. I would panic and send a lot of emails/call the program coordinator....

Wait until after the holidays, Im sure all is well. Congrats on the match

Reactions: 1 user
Im sure they are just trying to find a way to replace you. I would panic and send a lot of emails/call the program coordinator....

Wait until after the holidays, Im sure all is well. Congrats on the match

IM2GI - nice display pic, you are full of crap

Members don't see this ad :)
Surely, you could detect the correlation between your display pic and being full of crap

So a buddy of mine presented a poster in XYZ European Conference. I wasn't there, but I am listed as authors. Later, abstract got published in journal as well (I assume peer reivewed?). Where should i put it in ERAS CAF
1- Other articles or
2- Postor presentation (i wasn't there, so not sure if that would be entirely accurate) or
3- Peer review abstract or
4- Research experience

?????:help:

So a buddy of mine presented a poster in XYZ European Conference. I wasn't there, but I am listed as authors. Later, abstract got published in journal as well (I assume peer reivewed?). Where should i put it in ERAS CAF
1- Other articles or
2- Postor presentation (i wasn't there, so not sure if that would be entirely accurate) or
3- Peer review abstract or
4- Research experience

?????:help:

So your friend threw you a pity authorship on an abstract, that you did not present, and you don't even know what journal it was published in?

Find out where it was published, cite the publication as an abstract. Good luck.

Hey guys, has anyone interviewed at Oregon HSC? If so, what did you think of the program?

Hey, I am an IM resident who is considering GI as a specialty. I have a question for all the people that applied and went through the match. How much of a regional preference for fellowships was there in GI? I ultimately want to end up somewhere on the east coast. Was it difficult for the southern folks or midwesterners to get invites from boston, philly, nyc programs?

Hey, I am an IM resident who is considering GI as a specialty. I have a question for all the people that applied and went through the match. How much of a regional preference for fellowships was there in GI? I ultimately want to end up somewhere on the east coast. Was it difficult for the southern folks or midwesterners to get invites from boston, philly, nyc programs?

There is a strong regional bias. It can be overcome, but programs want fellows to be happy and they want to get the people they like. If you are a program in Texas, do they think the kid in Dallas or the guy born and raised in Seattle is more likely to want to come to your program and be happy?

Most places have 2-3 spots and only have 1-2 interview days. They want the bulk of the candidates to have some sort of tie to the area. If you are not from the region and get an interview, you better have a reason for "why XYZ" program. I interviewed in several different regions I had no personal connections to, and every program tried to dig out if I really wanted to come there and why.

Fellowship is all about fit, and like attracts like. All this goes out the window for a "top 10" program or coming from a "top 10" residency.

Status
Not open for further replies.