Official 2013 Anesthesiology Rank Order Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1oz of ethanol a day is associated with decreases in all-cause mortality. Use that to your advantage.

1.5oz hard liquor = 12oz beer = 5oz wine = 12-14 grams of EtOH.

Probably drinking more than that daily at the moment, not gonna lie.

Members don't see this ad.

I almost wish I could be placed on a sedative drip until the 15th, and be woken up just in time to find out where I matched.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely 10x more fun and 10x less neurotic :smuggrin:

My spouse brought home some cider this evening - that stuff is very hard to only have one. Holy cow.

I had a drink before I opened my Step 1 result; I had a drink before I opened my Step 2 result; I think I'm going to need more than one drink before I open the match e-mail.

OK - that email went to everyone right?

I freaked out. Again.

OK - that email went to everyone right?

I freaked out. Again.

"THIS DETERMINATION HAS BEEN MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER YOU MATCHED TO A POSITION WHEN NRMP PROCESSED THE MATCHING ALGORITHM."

Lol yes everyone gets this

Anyone else checking the NRMP website daily for the miniscule chance they accidentally release match results early? :D

No longer eligible for SOAP. Hope the same for everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a way to tell if you matched advanced or categorical?

Matched! Completely! So excited!

And no - if you matched and they didn't say anything else - you either matched a prelim and an advanced position or you matched categorical. YOu will learn which on Friday.

Congrats and good luck to everyone!!!

Matched anesthesia!!!! But not intern year, so I have to SOAP. Little bonus of that is I know where I matched. I ended up in the second half of my list.

Same here. I thought it would freak me out more, but I found out I matched to my #1, just in the advanced group.

Now SOAPing for the prelim. I should have done more prelim interviews :/

The odds are with us though, I think. So far, so good with phone interviews and such. Tomorrow hopefully better and hope we have multiple offers on Wednesday. GL! :luck:

Same here. I thought it would freak me out more, but I found out I matched to my #1, just in the advanced group.

The odds are with us though, I think. So far, so good with phone interviews and such. Tomorrow hopefully better and hope we have multiple offers on Wednesday. GL! :luck:

Congrats on getting your #1!

How do you know you matched your #1? is your #1 the only one with advanced spot?

How do you know you matched your #1? is your #1 the only one with advanced spot?

No, but if you don't match into a prelim or TY spot, you are allowed to find out which advanced program you matched to in order to make it easier to SOAP, geographically speaking. If you matched categorical or prelim + advanced, you have to wait. Sorry!

Congrats! A nice countermeasure to yucky SOAP.

Congrats on the solid match!!

No, but if you don't match into a prelim or TY spot, you are allowed to find out which advanced program you matched to in order to make it easier to SOAP, geographically speaking. If you matched categorical or prelim + advanced, you have to wait. Sorry!

That's great! Congrats on getting your #1!

Congrats! A nice countermeasure to yucky SOAP.

Congrats on the solid match!!

That's great! Congrats on getting your #1!

Thanks guy (or gals). Let that be a lesson to next year's hopefuls - make sure you get your prelims in, or at least take them more seriously than I did :eek:

I'm going to wait 'til Friday to fess up though, and will share my whole match then LOL

Good luck to everyone else!

Just out of curiosity, do they tell you the actual program or just the city it is in?

Just out of curiosity, do they tell you the actual program or just the city it is in?

I think it's the actual program, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone willing to post which anesthesia programs didn't fill?

It's against the rules to discuss the unfilled programs. Those who matched don't have access. I believe they publish it later on like the other years.

Yeah but they post what programs didn't fill for those going through the SOAP once the SOAP starts, which was what someone was looking for.

But that's technically only allowed to be viewed be someone going through SOAP.

Afteranesthesia was suggesting that it is publicly available information.

Someone posted made a thread with the list earlier, but it got taken down pretty quickly

Anything good or any surprises, ie MGH or something like that not filling?

Didn't Hopkins not fill one year?

That's not what I meant. They DO publish it publicly but way after match. You can go view previous years now if you want. I meant that only those soaping can view it now. And it is against the nrmp rules to share that info until after the organization releases it later.

my lactose intolerance was god telling me that passing gas is a natural fit for me! ... matched fullly.

Just the city according to friends who are SOAPing.
Yup they tell you city, state IF you call them. Impossible not to ID the program with that info unless you applied to a multiple programs with advanced spots in the same city.

Anything good or any surprises, ie MGH or something like that not filling?

Didn't Hopkins not fill one year?

There are a few solid programs on the list, but none of the "top tier" programs on the east/west coast. Not gonna risk giving any more detail than that.

I really don't understand why they make the people who matched completely wait to find out where until Friday...it's not like that knowledge is going to somehow harm anyone else or jeopardize the SOAP...the result is set in stone now.

Is the NRMP just lazy/trying to keep it simple by telling everyone all at once on Friday? Or is there some other reason?

I really don't understand why they make the people who matched completely wait to find out where until Friday...it's not like that knowledge is going to somehow harm anyone else or jeopardize the SOAP...the result is set in stone now.

Is the NRMP just lazy/trying to keep it simple by telling everyone all at once on Friday? Or is there some other reason?

Probably some element of tradition and camaraderie in there somewhere.

I matched fully...won't sleep until Friday.

It was a bittersweet day because there were some big wins for some people that I wasn't sure would match, and some huge daggers/surprises for people I was almost certain would match. Can't really celebrate with friends that are in a tough spot. :(

There are a few solid programs on the list, but none of the "top tier" programs on the east/west coast. Not gonna risk giving any more detail than that.

One of the programs on the categorical unfilled list blew my mind [not that it went unfilled, but simply the # of unfilled spots and perceived prestige of the program].

To be fair this assumes that the gentleman/woman that posted the unfilled programs earlier was actually legitimate.