Official 2014-2015 ID Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff gettin' uploaded... down to 22 programs which everyone tells me is way too many... may re-add a 23rd after a fresh bout of nerves from learning that people will still be reading med school MSPEs.

Well, enjoying the relative calm of most of the work of applying being done. Best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody...
the application session is about to kick start now... all the best to everybody
Some of the programs are asking to mention about basic investigator/clinical investigator track...Can anybody help me to understand the difference in between these track...It would be much appreciated...Thanks in advance

Basic science research- molec biology, genetics, mouse, western blot, signaling etc clinical science research- sepsis protocols, antibiotic resistance, epidemiology etc in a population Translational is anything in between

Thank you Robinho for your response. I've experience in molecular microbiology for 3 years. Now I want to be in transnational research. My vision is to be in the clinics as well as to have my own lab for bench work..... In many programs I've to select either basic investigator track or clinical investigator track. Which one u think I should opt for as my career plan....I would really appreciate your response ...thanks in advance

Thank you Robinho for your response. I've experience in molecular microbiology for 3 years. Now I want to be in transnational research. My vision is to be in the clinics as well as to have my own lab for bench work..... In many programs I've to select either basic investigator track or clinical investigator track. Which one u think I should opt for as my career plan....I would really appreciate your response ...thanks in advance

Bench work ( if that's what u want to do) then choose basic science

Translation research is a grey area. I have noticed that some pple classify it towards basic whiles some bias it to clinical. Determine what exact translational research u want to do. Go to the programs website and see where they classify it ( basic versus clinical) and choose the best description. If it's not clear on the website..... I typically will choose basic science.

Thank you Robinho... I would definitely look into the sites...are you applying for ID this year?

Hi everyone. So do we really need the MSPE? I uploaded the one from my residency application but ERAS has rejected it. I won't have enough time to get another one from my Med school (IMG). I haven't even seen it listed as a requirement in some of the programs I am looking at but then again some of them just have generic statements like "complete ERAS App"

Hi everyone. So do we really need the MSPE? I uploaded the one from my residency application but ERAS has rejected it. I won't have enough time to get another one from my Med school (IMG). I haven't even seen it listed as a requirement in some of the programs I am looking at but then again some of them just have generic statements like "complete ERAS App"

Why was it rejected?
If it says dimensions don't fit...then ask some computer geek to help u with it. I had similar problems and I was helped out by a friend

Hi guys
Whats d average number of programs u ppl r applying to ?

Members don't see this ad :)
No not dimension issues. It was because I got it from my ERAS application for residency. We have access to that in my program. The message I got said "its unacceptable because "the document uploaded is a copy from the Program Director Workstation (PDWS)". It then goes onto say I have to contact my med school to acquire it directly!

No not dimension issues. It was because I got it from my ERAS application for residency. We have access to that in my program. The message I got said "its unacceptable because "the document uploaded is a copy from the Program Director Workstation (PDWS)". It then goes onto say I have to contact my med school to acquire it directly!

Oh sorry.
I don't know the solution for that

I don't know of any way to get a MSPE for ERAS purposes other than directly through a school. Here in the States, some will work with MIDUS (you send them an e-form, they do the rest), some send it and make you upload it yourself. I think, if I were in your position, I'd just try to get it as quickly as possible and add it to the application. What else can you do?

To answer the original question... well, they say they need it (certain programs do, anyway; some don't, it's very variable). I have no idea why they care about such things, but I have to take them at their word that they want it.

[QUOTE I think, if I were in your position, I'd just try to get it as quickly as possible and add it to the application. What else can you do?

QUOTE]

Yeah, trying to do this. Thanks!

Hi guys
How many programs are people applying to.....requiring H1B visa?

It seems in Nephrology, people already started getting IVs!!!! Anybody got any IV so far in ID??

Congrats to those who already started getting IVs!!! @annamaria, When did wayne state download your application? thanks!!

On 7/17. Have you heard from any programs yet ID aspirant ?

On 7/17. Have you heard from any programs yet ID aspirant ?
I'm applying in this weekend, didn't have time to apply in first few days...I hope this would not affect negatively... Do you require visa?

Any more IV's? I thought that I'd hear from a ton of programs today....it's still early

Reactions: 1 user
Any more IV's? I thought that I'd hear from a ton of programs today....it's still early
Nothing new on my end either... did get a "hey, we are acknowledging that we got your application" message from OHSU, which might suggest that there are many programs that have barely gotten started at this point. I hear that it's silly to despair before August at the very earliest (PDs being busy people at the beginning of an academic year and all), and really hope that's true.

I didnt apply to OHSU, didnt seem IMG friendly.. 11% IMGs as per FREIDA, none on website.....

Summary thus far :

Wayne State
Wisconsin
Cincinnati

Summary thus far :

Wayne State/Detroit Medical Center
William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn

Summary thus far :

William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Georgetown/?main or Wash Hosp Center

Adding Virginia Commonwealth, East Carolina and Rutgers

For Washighton hospital centre did you get a confirmation yet for an interview day?

Summary thus far :
William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Georgetown/Wash Hosp Center
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers

For St Louis U..did anybody hear back for confirmation of IV date?

7/25
Duke
UNC
OHSU

Cleaning up today! This is all kinds of amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.