Official 2015-2016 GI Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heard from a program Tuesday. I think they're still trickling in as applicants cancel interviews they are less interested in...

Members don't see this ad.

University of Nebraska vs Virginia commonwealth U? Can someone provide some information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard anything in quite some time, so I assume so? Unless there are some very last minute cancellations.

Yeah, I think it's done!! Last invite for me was mid September. I was hoping for at least a few more invites especially since there are 40+ programs that I haven't heard from (assuming silent rejections). Anyways, 4 weeks until ROL is due!!!

Does anyone know if Norwalk/Yale affiliate in CT withdrew from the match- it is listed on NRMP as withdrawn... Weird.

Matched as well. Thanks to everyone for participating in the threat. Congrats to everyone who matched!

Matched. This is a very painful process and hopefully will not go through it again

Congratulations to all who matched.

To those who didn't, chin up. If you got a lot of interviews, good for you, you are on the right track and luck was simply not in your corner this year. Those who didn't get a lot of interviews, be honest in assessing your chances and take on whatever weakness you may have. Crappy step scores? Pass your boards!!! No research? Be ready to present a lot of posters and contribute to something meaningful!

I would urge you guys to do a Hep year. There's a lot of positive and negative comments surrounding this; some PDs don't like it. By and large, I think it shows commitment and it provides you with invaluable experience. The programs that I can think of in terms of applying:
Missouri - still open
Rutgers NJMS - still open
Stanford - closed I believe
Temple - only for their own *I think*
Drexel - same
Downstate - same
George Mason - still open, 2 years
Sloan-Kettering - still open, this is for nutrition

**remember, this isn't an updated list...I'm over a year out from this and this was what I remember from "plan b"

In my opinion, Hep and Chief years greatly outperform Hospitalist years. Hospitalist should be last on the list IMO. If you must, try to do so at an academic center where you can plug yourself into research (while you learn how to bill and function at your new level of responsibility).
Good luck to you guys...the only person who can tell you that you can't do a Gastro fellowship is, in the end, YOU!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone who matched! Does anyone know which programs, if any, went unfilled this year?

2 spots both at Yale - 1 research and 1 clinical.