Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The funny thing is, as unhappy and pessimistic as I was when I was in the midst of applying, in retrospect the only thing I really remember are the good parts.

Really? No sudden panic attacks during the day? No waking up in the middle of the night screaming in terror? The word "application" in any context doesn't trigger you? Hmm. Impressive recovery.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm curious, why waste an application cycle rather than do a full round of applying widely? Seems like the risks aren't worth the reward at all - what were your thoughts on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious, why waste an application cycle rather than do a full round of applying widely? Seems like the risks aren't worth the reward at all - what were your thoughts on this?

It is kind of complicated with my personal situation but my advisor suggested it. Also, some post bacc programs required AMCAS applications. I haven't regretted applying yet but, I will see in a month or so.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Focus on domestic service. Those international things are not often well-received. Even the AAMC recently issued a comment on their reservations about the practice.
ADCOMS like their volunteering like they like their beer, domestic and consistent. Without all the pretentious superiority of Foreign imports.

Sure it may not be as exotic as a Stella Artois or Trappist Ale, but when has Budwieser ever let you down?

It's not Budweisers fault you aren't a patriots fan
But their commercials tell me that if I point the label at the TV screen whenever the kicking squad is on the field that they'll never miss.

And don't even get me started on Buffalo Wild Wings... It's almost like they'll say whatever they want just to sell a product... hmmmmm :thinking:

Reactions: 1 user
It's almost like they'll say whatever they want just to sell a product... hmmmmm :thinking:

and in one fell swoop he described the entire medical device industry

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Today I learned that 30% of applicants score around a 24 or lower and in light of this I feel a bit discouraged about the lack of II's.

Hoping for a bit of luck to come my way by posting in this legendary thread.

Waitlisted post interview. I think it's probably most realistic to state that this cycle is a failure for me and to start preparing for reapplication. Anyone interested in giving feedback on my personal statement for next year?

A waitlist is miles ahead of an outright rejection and for what it's worth, it looks like that particular school has some solid movement.

I can only imagine how magnified the anxiety is when you're so close - hat's off and the best of luck to you.

Currently sitting on 12 rejections. This far in the cycle, has anyone gotten any more rejections than did?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope I can prepare well for next cycle. I haven't been studying for the MCAT retake like I should be.

Sent from my iPhone

However, I do have an interview coming up.

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: 5 users
Currently sitting on 12 rejections. This far in the cycle, has anyone gotten any more rejections than did?
i got you beat at 22 rejections!
real question is why am i still checking sdn

Did you apply early? I still have silence from 18 schools...

Applied early to a bunch then added some later apps in the fall. It's on me, my app wasn't stellar in the first place and in retrospect a lackluster PS was the nail in the coffin.

I'm at 18 (have an acceptance so whatever) but yeah, all it takes is one

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I'm at 18 (have an acceptance so whatever) but yeah, all it takes is one

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i really think you should have a bit more tact. This is a support forum for ppl that want to vent about not having luck about interviews and you humble bragging about an acceptance seems very insensitive.

Congrats on ur acceptance, honestly if i got one i'd prolly delete my SDN account and enjoy my life but thats just me.

Lucky number 13 today, just got another rejection.

Still sitting with no interviews... also still have 10 schools to hear from.... I think I'm hitting the brink of insanity.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i really think you should have a bit more tact. This is a support forum for ppl that want to vent about not having luck about interviews and you humble bragging about an acceptance seems very insensitive.

Congrats on ur acceptance, honestly if i got one i'd prolly delete my SDN account and enjoy my life but thats just me.
Seems more like he could be offering encouragement and reassurance, Tiger.

Reactions: 7 users
@Home_Run_Ball

While I understand how you've perceived @mavric1298's comment the way you did, I honestly do not think that was his intention at all. I think that he meant to encourage people that are not having too much of a success with their applications by emphasizing that all it takes is just one acceptance and that they should not simply give up at this point in the cycle. In other words, he is saying you shouldn't feel so down or upset at the number of rejections because as soon as you secure one acceptance we are all on the same level field as someone who has a fewer number of rejections.
Even though I share your frustrations, I think it is unfair for you to talk down to someone like that.

Last edited:
I apologize if i sounded harsh and may have been my misinterpretation didnt mean to step on anyone's toes

Last edited:
I apologize if i sounded harsh, the part about "i have an acceptance so whatever" just didnt convey words of encouragement but rather arrogance

However if i had misinterpreted then thats my bad, im not on here to talk down on anyone, no harm feelings
I think he just didn't want people to be like "hey go away you have an acceptance you don't understand!!!!1111!!!" so he addressed it himself instead :)

Wow - didn't realize my half post while walking to my car would result in that.

My point was exactly that which others have stated. I've been in this thread for two years - I started posting in here when I went through a whole cycle with no II's, and have a thousand posts on SDN mostly trying to help other people. So I'm going to go ahead and not delete my account - because this isn't just about me, and I enjoy passing on information I have gained and helping other people out. Maybe you should check my post history, or even bother actually reading this thread where I still post encouragement and advice - even after I've been accepted, because I was in the same boat last year. If you think you should leave SDN as soon as you get in, you're the one who needs to reevaluate. My point was that all it takes is one, and for most people, 90% + of their school list is going to result in rejections. (There is a breakdown of how many interviews each matriculant has on average, and 3 in the most common, but 1 or 2 make up a significant chunk). Do the maths, on average people apply roughly to 16 schools. You can't let that get you down, because it really comes down to one, or maybe two chances. Then you make the best of them. I know a few people who have received II's in Jan, including myself. Keep it up, and stay strong until the cycle is over. Then - if unfortunately you didn't get any takers, give yourself some time to reflect and decompress, then get back at it. Call every place and ask for a review of their decision/you app, again you'll get mostly no's but you'll get feedback somewhere. Then implement those changes.

I went from 0 II's first cycle, to 3 MD (2 top 10) and 3 DO with 2 do acceptances, and 3 pending post interview MD's

Don't lose faith, but also don't think that if things don't work out this cycle that it's the end of the world. You can always make your app better and move forward, and success in one cycle or lack there of doesn't mean anything as far as the next

Nice job buddy.

Last edited:
This is why we can't have nice things.

Came in to make a self deprecating joke about no II's...

:whoa:

Instead of going to sleep with dreams of interviews, I'm trying to think of getting rejections. I'll either reverse psychology the forces in play or know what it's like to feel again.

Expanded my post above a little.

Sorry it got like that - but I've been posting in this thread for two cycles - one with no interviews at all. I've stuck around because I know how hard that feeling is, and having someone that understands what you are going through for me is comforting. They can commiserate while also showing a light at the end of the tunnel. So to end this whole kurfuffle - I'll just say this. When you are down on yourself and feeling miserable, or like I felt, that all my hard work clearly wasn't good enough, just know that you will get through it, and if you are persistent, you will accomplish you goals. I started as a career changing 25 year old with a sub 1.0 GPA, and now am accepted.

As I posted earlier, if anyone wants input into PS, activities, how I changed my app from unsuccessful first to this one - PM me. I'm more than happy to read/edit/give advice where I can.

Last edited:
If only my dream school would love me and send me an II....

Sent from my iPhone

I just wanted to give some hope to those that are still waiting for an II. This is my third cycle. The first two cycles I did not have any IIs. Before applying this third cycle, I enrolled in a Master's program and Retook my MCAT. I happy to say it finally paid off. I just received my first II today! Don't give up!

Reactions: 14 users
75613095.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Wanted to give people some positive words... got my first II just a few weeks ago (Late Jan) and am finally accepted to the same school!!! Dream come true - so excited and this has been a great thread to get reassurance from others in the same boat!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Wanted to give people some positive words... got my first II just a few weeks ago and am finally accepted to the same school!!! Dream come true - so excited and this has been a great thread to get reassurance from others in the same boat!!
Stats, if possible?

Exactly what I did. Haha I haven't been on this site for over a month. Rooting for everyone though. I think the next time I post on this thread will be when I get an acceptance, whether it be this year or next year when I reapply. I'll find this exact thread. That's a promise. As they say, tough times don't last but tough people do.

So I'll keep to my promise. Over a year later I finally got an acceptance! Feels really good. Let's gooo!

Reactions: 18 users
For those still waiting - II's are still going out (I just got one to RFUMS). You never know until the cycle is truly over.

3.1cGPA 3.5sGPA 30mcat, non-trad (grade repair)....over the age of 30.

that brings me to 4 md II, 2 DO II, 2 DO acceptances, and waiting to hear back on all my MD (they all give out most of their acceptances march/april, OHSU/UW/WSU - then pending going to RFUMS).

RFUMS apparently only shows 1 week at a time, so the only date available was the 3rd