Official 2015 Oh No Ive Only Gotten IIs From Schools That Didn't Require Me to Submit a Photo Thread

Jan 22, 2015
why do schools do this so much now? admissions really believe prettiness and handsomeness is tied to success in the medical field?

Cotterpin

Gluconeogenesis Evangelion
2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I figured they just want to be able to put a face with the name.

Reactions: f4reignbeauty

NonTrad16

2+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student
why do schools do this so much now? admissions really believe prettiness and handsomeness is tied to success in the medical field?
It's so easy to do now (with online and digital everything), and being able to put a face with a name probably helps when managing interview details. The biases drawn from photos could be interesting to consider, but the same happens with names (as far as I can recall).

goldy490

Membership Revoked
Removed
May 21, 2015
SE US
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I've heard they just require the picture to verify stuff like race/ethnicity. I had a buddy from south africa apply as african american (hes white and blond) and had a very rough cycle.

feather421

2+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I've heard they just require the picture to verify stuff like race/ethnicity. I had a buddy from south africa apply as african american (hes white and blond) and had a very rough cycle.
Oooooof. Well, what was he expecting when he met people for interviews??

OP

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 31, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Update.
Rejected post secondary that required photo.
Called admissions office.
Dean said I was ugly.
Mom disagrees.

Dec 15, 2014
Ilex Forest
Status
Pre-Medical
You may be joking here, but this kiiiiiiiind of describes my situation. I'm grateful to have received the few interview invitations I have, but 4/5 of them didn't require a photo, and in the 1 that did, my interviewer called me out on my scruff (Edit: and it was one of my state schools to which I have a lot of connections)...who knows...
They.....had comments about...your grooming o_o ?

This just goes to show what extent they are looking into it.

Like what was said "you should have shaved?" , "you didnt have time to shave?"